Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

Valentino Rossi enjoyed his best day in MotoGP for some considerable time in Jerez today when the nine-times world champion set the fastest time on the second day of the final pre-season test. The 34-year-old Italian clocked a best time of 1.39.525 to finish just 0.015s ahead of factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo. Conditions on day two were significantly better after torrential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 March 2013 17:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

OH

Seems to be some double standards on here. 

MM never been around the track and it's only testing.  Well it did not stop MM posting the fastest times around COTA and judging by all of the previous posts were Rossi was down on pace it mattered then with comments like he's all washed up bla bla bla.

All this means is that Rossi has not lost any of his skills that has taken him to 9 world titles and that with so many other riders capable of winning this year it looks like it's going to be a good season to watch

At some point some people on here are going to have to eat a big chunk of humble pie!

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

HA HA HA HA

WHERE ARE THOSE FISHER MAN'S BITCHES????

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

DF

Sorry mate, just used to you posting common sense. I did think it was odd, you making a daft statement like that.

Brilliant riders need a top bike under them. it doesnt matter who they are. Gone are the days were a rider could ride around its fault and still win (if there big faults/flaws) to be fair Stoner probably was the last one to manage it to any degree of sucess, but even he was struggling in the end.

Those who just want to keep stirring up shit will always point at the three wins at the end of 2010 to undermine Rossi's time at Ducati, to claim the bike was sorted. But casey's winless but consistent form in the first two thirds of 2010 indicate that he adopted a win or bin approach once he had signed for Honda.

As with most things ,that theory can never be proven, but rationale would deem it to be true...

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

CCB

You are a cracker at times and I think your stratorgy is amazing.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Buelli

Beer festival yesterday, brain is still there i think;-)

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no problem at all

with that view ccb.

No way, just like the 2011 bike, was the 2010 bike competitive for the championship. Even if you could win every second race for a whole year,  which stoner obviously didn't do in 2010 anyway, you would still get nowhere near the likes of jorge lorenzo if this involved dnfing in the other 50%.

I meant to address the previous post to wosi, who in our last exchange declaimed that all stoner did in 2007 was park the bike in the corners and blast down the straights.

I have my doubts about both pedrosa and marquez unless the honda really is as dominant as wosi says it has always been, which the second day of the jerez test at least suggests may not be the case. 

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Honda

The honda certainly appeared to have the edge at the back end of last year DF. pedrosa is a brillliant rider ,but for him to suddenly become nearly unbeatable something had to have changed.

Still testing is just that testing. Yamaha will have brought something new to the table ,to close the gap up on Honda. Its the way of racing isnt it. One manufacturer makes a break through and the others follow.

Perhaps thats where ducati's fault lies, trying to be different from the rest, instead of following the proven route.

I sure none of the top riders will truly care about setting the fastest time (as long as they are there abouts) in testing. Their focus will be on consistent times and tire wear, tuning the bike to their own individual preference.

The M1 Rossi will have thrown his leg over is a very different beast to the one he last rode. 

Im sure there wont be that much difference between the Yamaha and the honda when the season starts .

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Quieter than usual from

Not many postings from nonceofrepsol or 'he who hates being stalked, Nostrils' on this, again it is only testing but hey, these two are full of anti 46 vitriol when Rossi is only 4th or 5th in pre-season testing ! 

It bodes well for an excellent season, even more so if Dovi can get closer on the Duck.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"contrary to popular opinion amongst the wet lettuce brigade, is that on the same track and conditions at the same time, Rossi is as fast as the WC on the same bike."

... & that on the same track and conditions at the same time, Rossi is as fast as Cal Crutchlow on a customer bike... that's the guy he's been fighting with for the last 2 years when Rossi was with Ducati... spin that how you will, I'd rather wait & see what happens on the last day, or more importantly in the 1st race.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

The bikes

It is very difficult to tell which is the best bike but in general the Hondas seem to be known as the best for whatever reason.
Obviously the bike needs to suit the rider as well.
Think back to Dovi!
There will probably be very little between them this season and it will probably boil down to the rider, their set up and race strategy.
Realistically JL and VR could be a formidable pair if they work together and that could make all the difference.
Personally I would love to see DP take his first title.

Moving on to practice CCB. I think the riders care a little more than you are making out.Sure they are just testing but when everything feels right they will push very hard.
Do not tell me JL and DP were happy with VR at the top.Their pride would make them go out and try to beat him usually and especially at this critical point in testing.
CCB even in club racing you must have noticed the difference in a person when he has been quickest in practice even although he knows he cannot win the race.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices