Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

Valentino Rossi enjoyed his best day in MotoGP for some considerable time in Jerez today when the nine-times world champion set the fastest time on the second day of the final pre-season test. The 34-year-old Italian clocked a best time of 1.39.525 to finish just 0.015s ahead of factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo. Conditions on day two were significantly better after torrential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 March 2013 17:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Fair point Buell

But these guys are professsionals. Rossi set his time when the track was at its best, the last 90 minutes were washed out again, looks like today has gone the same way too.

If you know your bike has the pace, you'l work on other things. We spend the testday before a meeting trying dfferent gearing tweeking suspension just to see if it makes any difference, and then worry about times in qualifying.

Theres nothing to say Honda didnt have abit in the bag with their riders but didnt get the chance due to the rain.Yamaha have a new chasis to test today ,but aint gonna get much done.

Seeing who set the most consistent fast laps in a run will tell you how its really going, not a one off fast lap.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

for sure

They are professionals but they are still racers and they hate being beaten even in practice.
Normally it is not important but I think posting the time he did meant a lot to Rossi and being at the top will give him a confidence boost.
Of course you are correct a run of laps is far more important but as we know that is what the likes of Rossi concentrates on more than anything.
Anyway I will be off to Qatar soon and having never been to a night race in all the years I am quite looking forward to it.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

OH

Dear Hedge – Are you serious!!!!!! Anyway how’s the V8’s going this year and have you baked your humble pie yet?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dear Hello46...

"Dear Hedge – Are you serious!!!!!!"

Is he over 0.05 of a second faster than Cal Crutchlow?... No... is Cal riding a satellite verion of the same bike?... Yes... has Rossi beaten Cal on a satellite Yamaha in the championship for the 2 last years while he was at Ducati?... Yes.

Am I serious?... No. As I said, unlike Wosi, I'd prefer to wait to see Rossi's true speed... which I hope is a little more than 0.05 secs faster than a 0 times MotoGP champion on a satellite version of the same bike.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Too be fair though Hedgey

Cals been at the front end of qualifying every round for the last 12 months, there were a good few races he was pipped at the post by a flying last lap dash to the flag. Its a massive improvement on where Rossi was....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

buell

I agree mate. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but i bet it felt good for rossi to see his name at the top again. Its a nice little confidence boost after CotA( where no doubt he took no crazy risks as its preseason). Jorge was not happy that rossi topped the timesheets, and judging by how close he was to vale, obviously tried to pip him but couldnt that day. For all tje buddy buddy feelings, jorge wants to beat vale in every practice and every race. It will be interesting to see how jorge( as number 1 at yamaha and defending wc) copes with the pressure of having a fast teamate, now that their roles are reversed. Rossi has no pressure...like joge had no pressure from 08-10...all the pressure is on jorge to keep vale in his "place". Rossi is on a great bike again, has shown he can be competitive, and now is ravenously hungry for more. A relaxed, motivated rossi, on a good bike, in the underdog position, and having had the sweet taste of success again, could spell BIG TROUBLE for his teamate. Id like to see dani win this year, but rossi beat jorge.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Hegde

Yep sounds like the humble pie is baking quite nicely. As CARC says Cal was up the front in 2012. Just he was a bit inconsistent in the races. Cal is a dam good rider who is improving all the time. See how you fail to mention he was in-front of his team mate on the same bike

You were quick to mention how far behind Rossi was in all of the previous tests were you not. But when he does hit the front you still manage to say something negative. All this means is that Rossi IS going to be up the sharp end along with 4 maybe 5 others = MotoGP worth watching in 2013

As I say. Keep baking that humble gone fishing pie kid!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I wonder how Casey took it last night..

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Well well well....I stand corrected ..... Although it is odd to see three yams at the top all of a sudden...but a good sign of a proper season of racing in front of us.... Maybe there is life in the old dog yet....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

ha ha hugelean

I bet he was right pissed. His widdle tummy probably hurt and he couldnt eat his dinner. Casey was fast as fuck but rossi destroyed his head like rainey did to kocinzki.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices