Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

Valentino Rossi enjoyed his best day in MotoGP for some considerable time in Jerez today when the nine-times world champion set the fastest time on the second day of the final pre-season test. The 34-year-old Italian clocked a best time of 1.39.525 to finish just 0.015s ahead of factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo. Conditions on day two were significantly better after torrential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 March 2013 17:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

Rossi is an old fox and Quatar is a circus that anything can happen at, infact the first two races are nothing to gain everything to lose, the real season starts on 5th May in Spain, this is when the real battle will start, are there any Spainish riders in the motogp grid, man like how much pressure would they be under if the old italian goat shows them a clean pair of heels.   

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Venturer

Don't the first two races count then?  I thought there were 50 points to gain giving a worst case of a 10 point lead over the nearest rival.

Struggling to see your logic

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Concentrate!

Some of you lot need to focus............ on my avatar???

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

means nothing and everything

The old dog still has some fight left in him...sweet! Rossi has not wanted to injure himself in testing, but i think hes still got some surprises when it counts...when the racing starts...then he will really push

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

What it does show..

..contrary to popular opinion amongst the wet lettuce brigade, is that on the same track and conditions at the same time, Rossi is as fast as the WC on the same bike.

Sundays are when it counts granted..but would you expect Valentino to perform at a lower level then, than in practice?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Salad daze

So, Wosi me old radish, could you just expand your theory to include yesterday's 2-second gap to Lorenzo, or the gaps on every day of every test until this frabjous day? I merely ask for information

While you are at it, you might help us all a little here too and explain how Dovi, riding last year's bike, halved the difference to the leader of the times the last-year's No.1 paid Ducati rider managed to achieve (on his good days)?  Surely that means Dovi is only half as useless as that other chap was.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

absolutely no doubt

that valentino is right in this championship, and that he has in recent years including on the ducati out performed his practice and qualifying times when it came to actual races.

I am interested to know why he didn't just park the ducati in the corners and blast past the yamahas over whom he had a straightline advantage for the last 2 years though.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

A bit sleepy DF?

Rossi wasn't on the 2007 Ducati. You're letting your side down with blunders like that.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

If the reports were right DF

Whilst the Ducati had a beast of an engine, it could put its power down and was eating its rear tyres.

Anyways faster corner speed and exit will always be a better race stratorgy than point and squirt.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I was attempting humour

ccb, for which I don't claim to have a particular talent, in view of wosi's trivialisation of what stoner did on the ducati, whilst acknowledging rossi may well still be great on a proper bike.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices