Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

Valentino Rossi enjoyed his best day in MotoGP for some considerable time in Jerez today when the nine-times world champion set the fastest time on the second day of the final pre-season test. The 34-year-old Italian clocked a best time of 1.39.525 to finish just 0.015s ahead of factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo. Conditions on day two were significantly better after torrential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 March 2013 17:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

What's happened to all those FOOLS that said Rossi was past it?? Lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hello?

You see a rain interrupted, incomplete test as a true sign of how fast they all are... nobody went as fast as they could go... I think Rossi, Pedrosa & Lorenzo will all prove they are faster... odd but you're entitled to your opinion.

"See how you fail to mention he was in-front of his team mate on the same bike"

Yes... the guy he should be battling with... unremarkable, hence the lack of a remark... or do you think it's surprising? Cal's the guy they both should be leaving in their wake. Between them they have 13 GP titles!

"All this means is that Rossi IS going to be up the sharp end along with 4 maybe 5 others"

All what means?... speculation means nothing... a completed test means little... a half finished test means even less... as I said, wait for the 1st race to experience Rossi's true pace... unless you're afraid this is as good as it gets & you're making the most of it while it lasts? Let's hope not eh? Thankfully we don't have to wait long.

CCB - "Cals been at the front end of qualifying every round for the last 12 months"

Erm... not every round but I take your point... & each time it's been a remarkable event... which is why I mention it as being as significant as Rossi leading... which, as you can tell, I don't regard to be that significant in what was an interrupted, incomplete test.

Rossi's been either just in front or just behind Cal in each test on the Yamaha... so either JL & DP have suddenly got worse (unlikely), Rossi & Cal have both suddenly got better (possible), or JL & DP didn't put in fast laps (most likely)... not that any of them put in the fastest laps they were capable of... in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Where the hell is...

Quatar!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

OCDCBR

He Is called Hedgehog =   Still trying to clutch at straws!!!

GONE FISHING!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

kocinski

If your analogy holds vfr, and valentino and wayne rainey were similarly efficacious, presumably stoner was going to win 400 premier class races if valentino hadn't gotten to him, given that kocinski won 4. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

doohan

Na just a loose comparison based on phsychological frailty...kocinzki went and sold real estate in california after being raineys teamate for 1 year. He was fast( not casey fast but he did win 250 crown) but rainey got in his head. Even when rossi was failing on the duke he still got in caseys head...i think one of the reasons casey quit was because he was furious that rossi was able to get a factory yamaha ride again. That was the comparison i was trying to make. Casey is in a different universe talent wise but has a similar brittle tempermant

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

VFR

ive never been a fan of Stoner, but i dont think Rossi was the reason Casey retired.

The sport itself much like the world have developed into a political game. The money imvolved required to compete at the highest level has got out of hand, and IMO ruined the sport.

It was the reason Casey in when he did, the sport just isnt the sport it used to be,  The levels of technology have narrowed the gap between the top riders on the best bikes and left a huge gap back to the rest. Its not down to pure talent anymore (granted the best riders are still on the best bikes) But the days when the best rider could may up the difference are gone, if the margin in machine performance isnt minimal ,its over .

Casey got pissed off with the constant changes , weight added at the last minute, which scuppered Honda early last season, the tyre changes etc. The media circus that follows them all these days, christ this forum is a good example.

No casey is/was a sensitive old fashioned soul and grew to hate the modern race world and got out.

Enough Rossi has just stated he wished he could have raced mark in the days of his Dad not this modern shite.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nonsense Choccy Cams

Casey had Rossi's number on track and thought him a conceited arse off it. Hard to argue against that.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

my god what a sad bunch of saps

One favourable test result and the usual suspects all explode in an orgy of yellow frottage. Looking forward to the excuses when he comes in 4th at qatar.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

YAA-awn..S-t-r-e-t-c-h..

Fk me..been asleep all day? That first post of Hedgey's did it..get's me every time the dull bastard.

Hedgey..not only are you the saddest Orange Gimp on this site..you're a fkin disgrace.

Trying to belittle Cal, your homeboy, just to make a negative and miserable argument against Rossi.

You do know that Crutchlow was faster than your boyfriend Bonehead Stoner both in races AND qualifying on several occasions last year?..on a shit satellite bike, against the best bike on the fkin planet?

Didn't hear you big-upping Cal then..or trying to make out Stoner wasn't worth one of your two second wanks?

Don't you EVER make out you support him again or I'll take your pants down and smack your arse so hard and fast, you'll think you're surrounded.

Fkin Rossi hating turncoat. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices