Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi sets fastest pace in Jerez

Valentino Rossi enjoyed his best day in MotoGP for some considerable time in Jerez today when the nine-times world champion set the fastest time on the second day of the final pre-season test. The 34-year-old Italian clocked a best time of 1.39.525 to finish just 0.015s ahead of factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo. Conditions on day two were significantly better after torrential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 March 2013 17:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

"Why are you only comparing Cal to Rossi "

This article is about Rossi but I said Cal was up with the factory Yamaha riders... 13 titles between them... to my knowledge Rossi only has 9 (though Wosi may disagree with that)...

:blink:

"your credibility is fading fast"... hmmm, with reasoning like that I'm really worried...

:wacko:

They race together... they are all compared with each other each time they hit a race track... today Cal outdid them all (those that chose to remain)... brilliant, but it is what it is, in less than ideal conditions, but the way the weather is heading I think the riders could need their "less than ideal weather" experience to gain the next title.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Sorry

Hedge. It's like this. It's not worth replying as all you put is a load of shite and you are just clutching at straws to be negative against Rossi. Face facts. You don't like it cuz now Rossi is back where he has been for the last 14 years, at the front As I keep saying to you. Get ready to eat that big slice of humble pie Ps. I'm not the only one to say you are full of shite

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no doubr vfr

that rossi is right in this championship, and that topping testing against the likes of lorenzo and pedrosa can't possibly be bad.

The most significant thing was rossi's own comment, to the effect that yes being at the top of the timesheets after 2 years of adversity was nice, but being able to find a third of a second by tweaking the bike was even nicer; this was obviously not something really open to him in 2011 and 2012. 

I actually understand the excitement of you and others, similar to what I felt when stoner got on the honda in the post valencia end of season test in 2010, that test being the closest rossi and he got to riding the same bike at the same time btw, and not an occasion that supports your parallel with kocinski.

I think stoner being brought up in this thread involves a new standard for irrelevance to a rossi thread though, and just on general principles I suspect rossi topping the timesheets may have caused stoner greater angst if he had been actually participating in the test himself. 

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

rossi haters

I mean, you do have some problems, all this hate and screaming to convince everyone VR is a wanker, jeez... So, let's say he is a wanker who's won out of lack of competition for 14 years. Now what?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

fire walls

and workplace wide security software against "social" computer use at my place of employment today el diablo.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hello46...

"It's not worth replying as all you put is a load of shite "

Yet you do... but because you're incapable of forming an argument you just throw insults. Face facts? I haven't said a word against Rossi & you can't find fault with anything I've said... in fact I've said I think he can go faster than the time he set on Sunday. You're quite entitled to think otherwise but it doesn't require insults each time & expect to have your views questioned if you try to justify them.

Anyway... it's past now... roll on the racing... & may the best man & machine win.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The perils of an invertebrate constitution..

Good nights sleep hedgey?..haha.

Your problem Pal..is that you're a mug for taking us for mugs.

You used Crutchlow as an example against Rossi on Sunday with clear inference that him being top of the sheets was not evidence of form/pace because Cal is not a top rider.

You ignored the fact that Val WAS faster than Lorenzo at the same time, on the same bike..because wosi said it, and in a typically contrary and anti Rossi stance.

The fact that on Monday Crutchlow went fastest of all, with Rossi 2nd, just underlines what a cock you are.

You've got smug hating form and we all know it..and now, to make yourself look even more of a spineless fkin idiot, you are trying to weasel out of the situation.

There are a few here, who are teetering on the edge of a lost credibility abyss..but you just did a hop, skip & jump straight into the black hole.

Now..STFU with your nonsense and let the rest of us concentrate on what looks like being a very interesting season.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

So you think that on Sunday that they were running as fast as they all could before the rain came?... & that the factory Yamaha's are really only just faster than Cal the satellite one on Sunday & that Hondas were really struggling?... you could just say that... I don't agree with you but it's a valid point of view... we can't know for certain. We'll find out a bit more at the first race which I presume you're looking forward to too.

"The fact that on Monday Crutchlow went fastest of all, with Rossi 2nd, just underlines what a cock you are."

Cheers for that... it makes no sense but there you go.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Yippee!!!

Less than 2 weeks from now we can have some proper discussion based on time sheets, lap analysis, and confirmation of results. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about I am referring to the paperwork you can pick up from race control after each session/race at an international meeting. Best bit ...... no room for comments or excuses from fanboys or haters. Just "facts" (actual facts not like forum facts). If enough of the top boys can stay healthy this could be a season to remember for a very long time, unlike that boring 07/08 800 shite!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElD...

"So MM was not struggling?"

Looked like he was yes, as was Smith... 1st time either of them have been here on MotoGP bikes, a circuit very different from where they've tested before, against riders some of whom have been here longer than they've been racing... Pedrosa wasn't even there on the last day so is either really pissed off or is happy with his set-up. Either way we'll find out over the next few weeks.

"Now you are the fucking expert that goes around what the riders state on their own"

Where?... are you feeling OK? You have some serious anger management issues...

:blink:

WWB... yeah but the only real facts that matter are where you finish in the race... as you say, the confirmation of results... otherwise you just end up pointlessly whinging that one rider deserves wins that he isn't achieving or was faster than another rider in a previous year on an older version of the bike. Pointless & boring when you come to counting wins & championships. Bring on the racing!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle