You are in... Forums > General > General > TT

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

TT

So thinking of making it there this year... Due to unforseen events my bike's wanked so thinking of going with the lady as foot passengers.. £165 for both return seems acceptable.... but...

What's the deal when over there? I wanna keep the costs down so thinkin of just taking a tent... sleeping in a field.. Is this easy to do?

If not how can we do it at minimum cost??? I don't need to buy any race tickets do I? I'll just find a spot and sit there watching if that can be done!

Any helpful advice appreciated

Cheers,  FLYER

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 14:25)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

TT this year..............

Hi Flyer,  Hope you make it, it really is worth the trip.

Now for details:  Most places on the course are simply a matter of turn up, sit and watch the racing, although there are a few places that charge for seating etc.  Have you considered signing on as a marshal?  Just turn up at the hut behind the grandstand and offer your services.  That will get you access to some great viewing points, but will also put you in contact with some of the nices, most helpful people on the island, who may be happy to help with lifts to your marshalling point etc.

As for camping in a field, I guess it's the same as anywhere else, if you pitch your tent in someone else's field then you may get woken by an irate farmer.  It may be worth considering a "proper" campsite (last year I think I paid about £ 7.00 a day at Union Mills).  The Union Mills site is on a bus route in and out of Douglas, and perhaps more important, is right on the edge of the circuit (Peer over the hedge to watch practice sessions etc.), and close to a really good pub (The Railway at Union Mills) where you can order Pizza from Douglas to be delivered.

I'm sure you'll have a good time, let us know if you are going, I may do it myself at short notice.

All the best,

Keith. 

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Cheers Shad..

Yep been promising myself to go for years. With the campsites like that.... Do I need to book 'em or just rock up with the tent on the day??

Yeah... mate, will be last minute for me too. If I go I'll def let ya know and see if can catch up for a pint.. Gutted can't take the bike now but there's no ferry space left by the looks of it anyway.. stuff it, I'll take the mountain bikle and ride where I need to go.. As I say £165 for 2 seems OK.

Don't think the lady would be too chuffed at me marshalling all day... I'd flippin love to tho!

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Book it if you can.

I'd book it if you can.  They have a good website and it saves you turning up to find they can't fit you in!

You could persuade the other half to marshal as well, they really need the numbers usually, and it will give her a good view, somewhere to make a cuppa and perhaps a warm hut if it's cold and raining.

Hope you make it (and hope I do too!).

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

You could always camp.....

...here.

Photo: Cronk-Y-Voddy Straight. I can't say i have EVER seen a sight like this. Pic by Andrea Lace

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

shad

you forgot to mention the after the racing is all done and dusted the after show party for the marshalls is just awesome, i actually forgot who i was and where i was staying at the 2007 bash.flyer book it mate its the best fortnight in the history of biking, and every biker must do it at least once in a lifetime, i started in 1982, and apart from the foot and mouth outbreak i went to every one until 2008, next visit will be circa 2015,  and i cant firkin wait.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

OK

Fred!!!!!!!!!     :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Fucking Wooooo-hoooo!!

I got my ferry tickets, will be taking the mountain bike (Gixxer's foooked) ...Yes.. I am GUTTED i can't be on the m/cycle whilst there.....

I'll be there from 31st May - 4th June so will see a Superbike, Superstock, Sidecar and Supersport race... C-fuckin-mon!!!!!!!

Anyone else gonna be around? Can anyone else make a suggestion/offer for camping or a place to stay??

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!     :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Nice one Flyer mate

Enjoy, here's some more road shit to get even more pumped :smile

Reply to this Topic
gs12

Feb 10

gs12 says:

TT camping at Douglas rugby club. I camped there last year and its within easy reach of Douglas just 20 min walk for all evening entertainment. You wont need to book because at the tt people are coming and going to the isle at differant times on ferries. The showers are the only downside a bit grotty but theres a leisure centre 15 mins away with pool saunas showers the biz. Ask for the tt special you even get a towel its fab.. The tt is amazing but you need to watch from differant locations

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

gutted for you

'bout the bike.........at least better now than halfway up the M6 TT week?..:unsure:....Pretty safe bet you will have a blast. :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle