Skip to content

Discuss This ePetition to save Mallory Park hits 20,000 signatures General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > ePetition to save Mallory Park hits 20,000 signatures

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

ePetition to save Mallory Park hits 20,000 signatures

A petition on the government's e-petitions website to save Mallory Park race circuit has attracted over 22,000 signatures in only two weeks. The circuit is under threat following a falling-out with local residents over noise from on-track activities at the Leicestershire track. Reports surfaced a few weeks ago that a sale had been agreed to a property developer, but the circuit has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 14:33)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Only been to Mallory once, but, although its a bit small, its great for spectators and thats a big plus, so it would be a great shame if it closed. I've signed the petition, hope everyone and their mates follow suit.

Reply to this Topic
Twentytoo

Jul 09

Twentytoo says:

Signed

Signed it

Reply to this Topic
PeteDuke

Jul 12

PeteDuke says:

Signed

Signed it,  getting everyone I know to do the same .

But I have a awful feeling that the deals already been done and we lose another part of our motorsport heritage. I hope I am so wrong.....

Reply to this Topic
FADM

Dec 10

FADM says:

Petition

Really nice little track, with a testing layout and superb spectator viewing. Sadly, the facilities are very tired and in need of some major investment. Its ok for club meetings where the importance is in the taking part and the friendly atmosphere. However, at the major events espectations are higher and approaching a track via a rough farm roadway and the spectator car/bike parking in a poorly drained field do not bode well for the future.

? Like Brands & Croft (who suffer similar noise problems) who was there first ? . If the local 'residents' do not like it, why buy a property next to a race track!

I hope that participation prevails over profit.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Nowt So Queer As Folk !

It puzzles me why people would buy a property near to an established race circuit and then act all surprised because they can hear noise. Mallory has been hosting racing of one sort or another since the nineteen forties. Before that it was an airfield during WW2. By that reckoning the only residents entitled to object are those over seventy years of age.

Reply to this Topic
TST Mark

Aug 08

TST Mark says:

I don't like noisy motorways so i don't live by then, I don't like noisy town centers so i don't live in them, common sense realy. The circuit is older than most of the residents any way.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

mallory

i remember there were plans to make the track longer a few years ago  looked really good to the proposed layout 2 and a half miles i think it was to be.but sadly what a suprise it was thrown out.seen some superb meets there race of the year .and post tt 45.50.000 attended.now it has become a stop go track because the speeds have increased so much.be awful if it was closed cant understand the moaners racing was way noisier then.

Reply to this Topic
Sidecarsue12

Jul 13

Sidecarsue12 says:

Mallory fate

The complainants about the noise at Mallory should think long and hard about the alternative if it closes. If the track is forced to close, very soon it will become a derelict wasteground that will attract unregulated use by people on bikes, cars, 4 wheels drive vehicles and the like. It would be impossible to 'police' and to cordon off and would soon become an overgrown dumping ground, and an eyesore. If planning for houses was granted by the council,(and they managed to evict the travellers!) they will have months or years of disruption, additional traffic and noise from construction vehicles and plant, and when this was all over, have they not thought about the massive rise in traffic at ALL times of the year and not just at race meetings?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices