Skip to content

Discuss This Can KTM keep its brand identity if it moves into scooters? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Can KTM keep its brand identity if it moves into scooters?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Can KTM keep its brand identity if it moves into scooters?

KTM has today unveiled a new electric scooter concept called the E-SPEED at the Tokyo motor show in Japan; a move that sees the Austrian firm preparing to move into a completely new market segment. The scooter concept weighs 140kg has a 50mph top speed and nearly 40mile range on a full charge and takes just two hours to full charge...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 15:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Brilliant

Get them hooked on the brand (and let's not be shy - it's a funky brand at the moment). Cross selling and up-selling will be much easier. Especially when they spy the Duke 125 as an up grade........

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Typo...

Austrian marquee?

KTM are a big tent?

Superb, laughed me tits off.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

Scooters???

Luv them...Ill buy one in matching colours  and park it next to my 1290 when it comes (in Oct)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

KTM 1290 Maxi-Scoot?

Might even get snev to ride one.  ;)

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I think it works. It preserves KTM's design lines. Now I wouldnt by a scooter but if I was on the market for one, I could pull the trigger on one of these.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Depends whether it goes with a bang or a whimper

There are some rather unimpressed Duke 125 owners out there. You can't upsell if you churn out shoddy merchandise at the budget end of the market.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Maybe the question should be 'Can KTM survive if it doesn't move into scooters?'

Like scooters or not, they're big news in just about every other country and are often much relevant than motorbikes.  The Motorcycle Industry Association noted that in 2012 (I think), 125's made up the top selling bikes... i.e. EVERY ONE of the 5 top selling bikes in the UK was in the 'up to 125cc' range.  Honda are on the ball with the best range of scooters & bikes of any manufacturer right now.  Any manufacturer worried about losing their brand-identity for moving into scooters... well, the train's departing and you're not on it.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Can KTM keep its brand blah blah

Yes.

Reply to this Topic
YamAustin

Jan 13

YamAustin says:

Branching out

This is a smart move for KTM to branch out to a wider market. There is no doubt about it that KTM are now producing extremely high quality motorcycles both performance and styling wise. Why shouldn't KTM branch out, just makes more sense.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Can KTM keep it's brand?

Is Yamaha ruined by making musical instruments? Is Lamborghini ruined my its tractors? Was KTM ruined by its car? No. It'll be fine.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices