Skip to content

Discuss This Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

Sometimes, long distance riding can become a little mind numbing, and a little music relieves the boredom. But many claim that music removes you from your surroundings and increased danger tenfold. Would you listen to music through earphones to alleviate the boredom?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 16:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

I rarely ride without music. I find if I'm riding fast it helps me relax which is good for control. If I'm honest it does distract a little sometimes if a really good song comes on and I get carried away. If I think it's being a major distraction I turn it off.

Reply to this Topic
Groj

Mar 13

Groj says:

Headphones

Over the years have had headphones mounted in helmets, even in the good old Walkman days. I do have earpieces I currently use but I can still hear the traffic and road noise. Would hate to be insulated completely. The new IPhone is great as I run music and GPS via that. It turns the volume of music down, gives me the directions and then returns t the music. Have a couple of playlists depending on the ride :)

Reply to this Topic
pissedsid

Feb 12

pissedsid says:

pips in ears!

having seen pedestrians (wired for sound) step into the path of traffic totally oblivious to there surroundings, then No Ill save the music for the pub thanks,

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Music

No problem, I don't do it all the time, particularly if out for a good old mega blast but if I am just out for a leisurely run or on a boring longish road/journey I find it helps keep me energised and aware!      

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Errrr....

.....Yeah been doing it since......I don't know when. Skull Candy inear phones Ipod touch 4th gen, Metallica, Clash, Pink, you name it i got it.

As for hearing other vehicles, no problem i can still hear sirens and usual traffic and the bike itself, as for being a distraction, no not really as said above, it helps to relax you and enjoy the ride more. Over certain speeds though you can't hear much music, just your own heart beating like mad.

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

Radio 4

I listen to radio 4 podcasts. It slows me right down. It needs to as well, as my pipe goes out over 60mph. As long as you can hear the traffic it's not an issue. Listening to music is nothing like as distracting as having a phone conversation, as it doesn't use the decision making part of your brain. Although listening to Metalicalla will probably see your speed creep up a bit.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Headphones

Like others I occassionaly ride with in ear head phones and music. The level is sufficent to hear the music but not so loud that I can't hear the traffic or other things around me.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i would use head phone but i cant get the ear phones to stay in place when i put on my helmet on so i dont listen to music.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

my engine is sweet music, but i do use ear plugs, so i can't hear the death rattles, it also makes the bike feel like a magic carpet..   other sounds would be a distraction.

Reply to this Topic
BobLeDuc

Jul 11

BobLeDuc says:

I ride a ducati Superbike....I don't get bored

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool