Skip to content

Discuss This Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

Sometimes, long distance riding can become a little mind numbing, and a little music relieves the boredom. But many claim that music removes you from your surroundings and increased danger tenfold. Would you listen to music through earphones to alleviate the boredom?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 16:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

Bored riding your bike????

If that's the case then maybe your riding the wrong bike!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

you never get bored?

of course you dont get bored, because you only ride 500 miles a year you damn fair weather posers. If you ride any amount of time or distance regularly then its of course nice to listen to the radio or music no different than a car. Have to use good inner ear phones that arent too bulky otherwise they rub on the helmet

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Ear plugs to prevent hearing damage, yes. As for listening to music - that would make me as bad as the halfwits in their motors who have more than enough distractions to lower their standard of driving and attentiveness. If by any chance I should get "bored", there's always scenery to look at, places to stop and take a break etc.

Can't be doing with all these gadgets, I really can't.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

A further thought occurs - if you're now "bored" by this discussion and would care to take part in a better one, have a look on here at the reader's news item about an XC 90 leaving the scene of a fatal crash. That should make you sit up and take notice of the sheer contempt displayed by some drivers.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Tried it once many years ago 'cos it seemed like a good idea for a long trip... hadn't realised just how much I use my hearing while riding (even with earplugs)... never did it again... I do sing sometimes tho'... :)

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Music To My Ears.

The only music I listen to is the sound of my Kawasaki ZZR1400 breathing through its fabulous Brocks CT exhaust system.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

On motorways trips, sure

And I remain resolutely undeaded.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

if you listen to music you've no right to moan about drivers

How can we moan about car drivers and their satnavs, mobile phones etc. and generally not seeing us because they’re not paying 100% attention - if we do the same by listening to music?

Reply to this Topic
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

Room101

we can moan because as someone mentioned earlier in the discussion, listening to music doesn't use the decision making part of your brain. Ignoring the road and focusing on your satnav/phone/pastie is clearly very different to a little music in the background.

Reply to this Topic
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

Not because I'm bored..

...but purely because I like listening to music.  I usually have an audio-only sat nav in one ear on long journeys and the music is set to fade in and out around the sat nav instructions.  I can still hear everything and it is in no way distracting.... My aftermarket exhaust is way louder than any sat nav or music.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices