Skip to content

Discuss This Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

Sometimes, long distance riding can become a little mind numbing, and a little music relieves the boredom. But many claim that music removes you from your surroundings and increased danger tenfold. Would you listen to music through earphones to alleviate the boredom?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 16:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

Typhon219 – ‘a little music in the background’? I think our music habits may differ. If you can advise how I can sing along loudly (and badly) to Rammstein without making my visor mist up I’ll give it a go : - )

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

fav tune + fav road= av it!

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

strange

in 37 years of riding motorbikes, i've never once been bored whilst doing it!

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Schuberth S2 with integrated comms system

I ride almost everyday of the year and for MCN have been testing out a Schuberth S2 with integrated SRC system. This is the first time I have ever had the availability of music and radio (and mobile phone if I want) while I have been riding and it has been brilliant.

http://www.schuberth.com/en/motorcycle/src-systemtm.html

The SRC system is a replacement helmet collar that goes into the lid and plugs into the existing FM and bluetooth antenna already installed in the S2 from new. Unlike having earphones you can still hear the surrounding traffic and the bike underneath you. It works brilliantly and the volume self-adjust according to the outside noise. You charge the SRC battery by plugging it into a USB charger but it lasts all day while playing music and you can listen to FM radio too.

If there are more of you with the same lid then you can all use them as comms systems to speak to each other while riding if you want.

Although it will take phone calls you can choose to not answer them by saying nothing rather than speaking loudly (anyting you like) when the phone rings to take the call. The system and lid work brilliantly but the price is the only drawback at £300-odd on top of the cost of the helmet.

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Love riding bikes and honestly never get bored.

Reply to this Topic
markis42

Dec 05

markis42 says:

Music?

Got a Triumph Triple.Why would i want to listen to anything else?

Reply to this Topic
Mr. Luck

Jan 08

Mr. Luck says:

Always Ride with an iPod in....

dont like riding without now, pick the right tunes and you get into a flow......

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

music

screaming V engine,sweet sound, who needs more ?

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Only once

have i had my ipod in whilst riding and never again.  I felt out of touch with it in.  You can't beat the natural experience on a bike IMO, plus 9 times out of 10 i ride with my friends and chat at traffic lights.  Plus i love the sound of their bikes when riding closely :)

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Not for me!

It would distract me from the glorious engine sounds and the all-round enjoyment of motorcycling. The only time I have anything like that is when I use a bike-to-bike intercom with the wife when we go on holiday. Having a chat relieves the boredom on the long trip to the ferry and allows the wife to tell me when she needs a pee! Intercoms do really make a difference on a long trip and the miles seem to go quicker.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle