Skip to content

Discuss This Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

Sometimes, long distance riding can become a little mind numbing, and a little music relieves the boredom. But many claim that music removes you from your surroundings and increased danger tenfold. Would you listen to music through earphones to alleviate the boredom?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 16:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Gixerloz

Apr 09

Gixerloz says:

Always

Rarely ride without listening to music, rideouts, commutes, european tours, even just into town for a coffe, iPod is on.

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Boredom?

On a bike?........

If you're bored you need a new bike, one that brings fun into your journey.!

Bored = Bad  imho.. Turn off that boring road and have fun!:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
bernie600f

Mar 13

bernie600f says:

music

when passed me test i started to listen to music while out but found i started to ride the way music was, if heavy i rode to fast and couldnt keep me eye on the ball, so i stoped lol :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
BigBad83

Nov 08

BigBad83 says:

Music?

I ride a ZX10R with a GP style can, that is the only music I need to hear!

Reply to this Topic
ScaredyCat

Mar 13

ScaredyCat says:

Poor poll

How about No , because I don't want to. Stop giving the poll bias.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Why would anyone want to listen to music 'To Relieve The Boredom', on a motorcycle??, the mind boggles, get a life (and a grip), if your that bored, give it up and do something else, due to the poor driving standards here in the UK, and SMIDSY's (sorry mate i didnt see you), you require both focus and concentration to stay alive, not listening to music. This doubtless stems from the culture of 'Whatever you do in life you have to have music playing in the background'  mentality, the majority seemingly unable to function without constant 'Mental Stimulation,' a sad reflection on society.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Boredom?

I can never remember a time since 1989 being bored on a bike. What a stupid question.

Reply to this Topic
vanandy

Feb 12

vanandy says:

I'd crash for sure.

Appollogies if its duplicating comment..Music would deffinatly effect my riding as it do my car driving, I'd be distracted and ragged, more than I usually am.

But mainly - I ride bikes because its oposite to cars, I love the noise, the smell, the vibes, the wind- all be it cool and damp. Music would kill all that, and all that is telling you what the bike is doing, ACDC whhen I should be aware would be an end for me. Also music after a while is very anoying, same all crap that should be left to radio2 and 4 wheels. 

If you're bored get a car, If you can't get a different bike because bike riding AN'T boring .

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Music

Never tried it. I might consider it , if i had mega miles to do on a motorway. My main concern would be getting distracted. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Chrisec87

Aug 04

Chrisec87 says:

Theres always over reaction

Just to remind folks like brevav2 its MCN who are suggesting people listen to music to relieve boredom. Most responses that support music on bikes aren't saying biking is boring to them. No most comments are saying that music can enhance the ride. People like you may be old school and sick of modern society (!) but technology now exists to allow people to listen to music in any scenario. Listening to music on a bike or in a car or on a bus does not cause people to immediately crash or lose concentration does it?! Reminds me of old school teachers who hated students that studied whilst listening to music; actuay it helps a lot of people focus on the task at hand. Biggest problem i find is finding a way to change track nowadays i used to hav an inline remote which worked well. Otherwise no...if you haven't tried it then you can't comment on how it distracts can you? It doesn't distract at all. I love music and I love riding and combining both is great. Hell I even typed this whilst listening to Biffy Clyro and I didnt crash once.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices