Skip to content

Discuss This Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you listen to music while riding to alleviate the boredom?

Sometimes, long distance riding can become a little mind numbing, and a little music relieves the boredom. But many claim that music removes you from your surroundings and increased danger tenfold. Would you listen to music through earphones to alleviate the boredom?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 16:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SVLydia

Apr 11

SVLydia says:

depends

i only ever ride with headphones when i'm on long motorway journey's.

i also have my ipod controls on my sleeve so as soon as i turn off the motorway or approach traffic i press the giant pause button then my earphones double up as ear plugs :p

however! i do find that when an awesome song comes on while i'm riding down a national limit road fun does tend to insue XD

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Over Reaction...Hardly

chrisec87, No over reaction my friend, just common sense, The fact you claim that people need to listen to music to help them concentrate just confirms how 'Dumbed Down' the populace has become, unable to function in life without having their minds meta formed by music or constant 'entertainment' , its an addiction, just like the majority who have been brainwashed into believing that they cannot live or function without a mobile phone etc, learn to think for yourselves for a change, not blindly following the herd.

What evidence do you have that no one has, or causes an accident whilst driving and listening to music? You are either going to be  A  focusing on the music, and hence not concentrating on your riding/driving, or B, you will be concentrating on the riding/driving and not focusing on the music, you can do one, but not the two at once, which is akin to using a mobile whilst driving, both of which leads to distraction and a danger to both yourself and other road users. If you cannot enjoy biking without listening to music there is something wrong. I, and many others enjoy our riding, whether it be a short or long ride without music, and always will thank you very much.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisec87

Aug 04

Chrisec87 says:

brevav2

Thanks for replying. I just wrote a big old response but I was logged out before I submitted :)

Anyway gist of it was. Don't knock it till you've tried it. Your theories of A and B, one or the other, are a bit silly really - thats just not how the human brain works. Again, give it a whirl and find out yourself...its not the same as using a phone. Just like talking to a passenger, listening to the radio isn't the same as using a phone.

And finally...liking music isn't dumbed down and isn't me following a herd. Similarly riding a bike isn't dumbed down or following a herd - but listening to music whilst riding a bike is something that combines 2 things I like and results in a good experience and still there are no herds.

Suggest you give it a try and open your horizons, and don't get too hung up on the state of society and populace - if we were all the same then we'd both be worried. Take care pal.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices