Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow fastest on final day of 2013 MotoGP testing MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow fastest on final day of 2013 MotoGP testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow fastest on final day of 2013 MotoGP testing

Cal Crutchlow ended the 2013 MotoGP pre-season in the best way possible after the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider topped the timesheets on the final day of testing in Jerez. The British rider set a best time of 1.39.511 late on the final afternoon to lap marginally quicker than factory Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi’s best lap of 1.39.525 that the Italian...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 17:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

cal not dovi

article has nothing to do with dovi i want the money pizza man, cal has sat and waited so now and rossi or jorge injury could see him promoted ????. really the ducati's are far from the dry race pace.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Nothing wrong with wanting the money foggy

Cal wanted it too.

Oh, and if Jorge or Vale get injured it's unlikely Cal is getting the ride, so put your voodoo dolls away. You might want it but I doubt the majority of us do. An injury free battle to the end is what I'd like.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Article about Cal !

How did this turn into a post about Dovi ? A lot of people seem to forget Dovi had 3 years on the works Repsol Honda and his total was a wet race win, hardly deserving of another works ride over anyone else really is he ?

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Educate

I need no education on that period my friend, i'm as up to speed with racing over the last 40 years as all the other armchair herberts on here.... i thank you.

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

I agree

I think Dovi was a better rider than Cal on the same machinery last year, results support that but I also believe Cal has the potential to keep learning and improve even further - even though Cal does not have Dovi to contend with this year I think it may prove to be even harder for him to get podiums with Rossi, Bradl and Marc in the mix along with Jorge and Dani. I think it would be great to see Cal win by a minute, imagine the meltdown at the factory teams. I still can't believe Casey is gone - he will be sorely missed here in Oz, nice to see Iannone in the mix, another young talent to keep an eye on.

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

Cal

Cal is a fighter and a racer he is doing a great job he just needs our support.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

°l°(,,,,);

BAaaa..

Reply to this Topic
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

Cal

I don't think this says anything about the coming season. Sounds like condition were difficult which levels the playing field a bit. When it's warm and dry the factory bikes will have the edge. There's no doubting Cal has ability but so do a lot of the others. I'll be willing him on though and there is hope of a podium or two.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

"I am happy with the overall feeling of the bike but sure we have to improve in a few areas. A little bit more than seventh tenths to the leader is good for us. The laptime is fast but the track is fast but this is not a real gap where I can say this is what we can do. If we make the simulation of the race we are not so strong," said Dovizioso, speaking at Jerez.

"The main problem is the middle of the corner, the bike doesn't turn. You can't enter as fast as you want because if you enter fast, you run wide so you have to make the entry a little bit slowly and then the exit is slow because if yo make more speed you go out. I lose in that point but we have good stability in the braking and also in traction we are quite good"

Dovi the new Rossi/Stoner. Moan,moan,moan.

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

TESTS

Tech 3 have nothing to test. Their bike is totally 2012, so they can get on with settings, and going as fast as poss. The works guys are working at testing new stuff that will make them increasingly faster than the private bods during the year. Remember Colin Edwards BAT (Best After Tests) who consistently achieved good practice times, while his team-mate (Rossi)struggled with new kit. However, Cal is certainly a trier.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices