Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow fastest on final day of 2013 MotoGP testing MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow fastest on final day of 2013 MotoGP testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow fastest on final day of 2013 MotoGP testing

Cal Crutchlow ended the 2013 MotoGP pre-season in the best way possible after the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider topped the timesheets on the final day of testing in Jerez. The British rider set a best time of 1.39.511 late on the final afternoon to lap marginally quicker than factory Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi’s best lap of 1.39.525 that the Italian...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 March 2013 17:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Great work Cal....

Props to "Crazy Joe" and the Dukey boyz for trying hard. Exception: that Spies guy (???), what the heck dude? There is a race at COTA just for you....... Reports are that after yesterdays dreadful performance in comparison to his Dukey comrades, Pramac catering staff were seen giving him a good kicking behind the garages last night. Understandably he was too sore to ride today.

Great to see Rossi putting in an effort with Lorenzo and Pedro already prepared for battle to commence no doubt.

Cal is looking like the new Dovi, can he break 1/2 a dozen podiums against MM and VR though?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

WWB

Cals more than proved himself at this level now, not just because of this test, but for his genuine pace for the past 12months.  I know people find him arrogant with his shoot from the lip attitude, but imo thats his strength, his sheer belief in his own abilty. if Tech 3 bike close to the factory mounts (which i do believe their pretty close too) he'l be snapping at the top fours heels.

MM is gonna be the fasinating one, has blazing speed, but ive got a feeling he will launch himself early on and get hurt. Too brave for his own good.

Rossi is in the mix ,only a crazy fool  (or a stubborn idiot) would still deny that, granted he let himself down last year, he should have pushed harder at times, but it great to see the fire back in his belly. as an added bonus Nostro will have to delete his account if he finishes in the top three at the end of the year. (mind i doubt he's got the balls to take up that bet)

Come on knob rot put your crediblity on the line or are you all piss and wind like we already know!!! 

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Sup Biatches..

Not been around for a while but the last time i was here, people were certain Rossi was a washed up has been that couldn't go fast anymore... How's that theory working out??

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Oh, and....

Nice one Cal, keep it up Son!!!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

CCB

I totally agree Cal has made the leap across the void from Proddie wobblers to Racing machines. I recently gave him credit for that on another thread in comparison to Spies who hasn't. I say Spies hasn't, obviously he has a job but he really has bombed from the dizzying expectations bestowed upon his arrival on the GP scene.

On the other hand Cal has to be able to keep pace with these boys for 45 minutes and NOT FALL OFF anymore. Dovi should be out of his way but with Rossi on an M1, the arrival of MM, and Bradl coming along podiums will be very hard fought indeed.

Good luck to him.... As for his big gob people complain about? All I have to say is careful not to bite the hand that feeds you but he should puff up his feathers all he wants. After all, if you don't believe in yourself....................... ?   Success at this level takes more belief than most sportsman understand.

Ciao Mama's

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I don't think

Cal should stop slating Yamaha.

They know how he feels at least.. He wants to be competitive, the thought of mediocrity on a not-quite-there bike would frustrate even the most laid-back of racers... But I believe that he has used that anger to produce this result and Yam will see that.. They knew he was fast any-flippin-way!!

I've noticed Cal always rides better when angry.. He's a fierce guy.. when it's all going OK he bins it, several times last year toward season end.. but when he's pissed off at someone/thing (ie Donington 2012 busted ankle qualifying) he's a fucking legendary force to be reckoned with!

Soooooo.... How to re-create that?????

Perhaps Herve P should nip over to Cal on the grid just before the lights go out and say something offensive about his bird!!!!

By fuck he'd finish that race in record time and come to the pits to knock him out!!!!!   Ha ha!

Just a thought!   :laugh::tongue::laugh:

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Belief Willie

IMO thats what Spies problem is, i think the penny dropped that he just wasnt as good as the aliens when Stoner blew by him in the last corner in 2011. Old Benny pointed out that left him with the whole winter to fester on it, and it blew his mind.

i hope im wrong but i dont think we'l see 'elbows' again.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

awe

I hope we do.I like elbows.A very loyal fan apart from when he switched to Stoner for a while!
Come back elbows and support the new proper elbows.....MM...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Buell

Lol i ment Spies in his elbowz personna , sadly i think that american super hero is long gone....

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Have to

agree about Bens Pies.....

Gone a buit crusty aint they!!! 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN