Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: Lorenzo was strongest in testing MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: Lorenzo was strongest in testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: Lorenzo was strongest in testing

Valentino Rossi believes factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo was the strongest rider during the 2013 MotoGP pre-season campaign, despite only setting the fastest time in one of four winter tests. The Spaniard finished yesterday’s final session in Jerez with the third best time and the only time he has found himself at the top of the timesheets was when he headed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 March 2013 09:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Looks like it is going to be a good year with 5, maybe 7 riders that will be capable of winning races this year - roll on the 7th April

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Hells Bells

And there I was writing Rossi off. The bloke has certainly come back strong with the M1 in Jerez. What we have prior to Qatar is an intriguieng situation. Anyone of 5 or even 7 riders are in a position to have the GP race gods smile fondly upon them under the lights.

George is George. Hard to bet against him 2013 for the title. Ducati at 6's and 7's. HRC have the ammunition but the blindingly quick rookie has yet to get to grips with the stop go nature of circuits like Jerez on a 1000GP bike. Dani's neck and Ben's shoulder ? Dovi. I like his adaption to the Desmo.

I guess I will have to revise and polish my chrystal ball by the moment this season.

Oh yeah. Calvin. Maybe he's cooked his goose at Yamaha. I hope he gives the factory M1 rider's hell for as long as it lasts per race first 1/3rd. Naught to lose really.

Then there is not so slow and steady German efficiency in the form of Bradl.

Looking forward to seeing who and what draws first blood in just over a week's time.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think the pre season has taught us pretty much what we already knew.

The three Spainards for the title and a support cast of another five riders who will have their flashes each through the season.

Jerez far too fickle in condition to draw any really conclusive judgements. Captain Pedrosa keeping his powder very dry by barely setting sail at this test. Lorenzo doing what he does, banging out the laps. Nigh on impossible to separate these two really. Marquez - whilst a smidgeon behind the experienced duo in this odds makers opinion, I see no good reason why he cannot be right in this title hunt. He's been that good for years and with two titles under his belt already he knows how to seal the deal. But as Bradl said last year. It's not so much the pace of the two Aliens, but their relentless pace, that's so impressive.

Interesting to note the Yamaha's performing so well at this circuit with a number of hard accelerating low gear corners. Flying somewhat in the face of the excuse makers for Nr.2. Pre Jerez they'd already raised the white flag with all blame for the anticipated poor showing of their golden one being apportioned to the M1. Ha, ha. Fools.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Stand my your convictions then Nobstroke

The bet is on the table for all to see, if Rossi is the piss poor fake you claim, gamble your credibility on it

If he's not in the top three at the end of the year i delete my account, it he is you delete yours.

Too much of a pussy though ,all piss and wind.....

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

CCB

I don't  think Nostrils will answer that one, it's too close to the 7th.  I think Rossi's on the podium first race, to start his championship challenge. 

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

The only FOOL is NOSTRO

What pre-season testing have you been following to think that the 3 Spanish guys are the only ones in line for the title?

This year is gonna be great and I can see you making a bigger fool of yourshelf than you already have.

The first race will back that up!

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Fools

Conditions are too fickle to draw conclusions, but the Yamaha is performing well at a stop start circuit, which actually has several fast flowing corners. As for Dani, we all know why he packed up early, he's rattled. No way he's going to win this year with Lorenzo, Rossi, and Marquez in his head.

Tell me, is Alien in waiting, Ben Spies in this supporting cast?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Contender?

Nostro says....

"He'll podium next year on the Yamaha. But it'll take some pretty unfortunate set of circumstances for the old yellow eunuch to win again.
Dreamers.

Will Rossi perform better on the M1. Yes he should. Will he be a contender? No chance.

I tend to disagree there Nostro. Rossi will be a contender. We`ll see.:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices