Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith: I needed more seat time MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith: I needed more seat time

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith: I needed more seat time

Bradley Smith admits that his MotoGP debut in Qatar next month will be a daunting experience because bad weather has robbed him of priceless time on track to adapt to Yamaha’s YZR-M1 machine. The Oxfordshire rider completed only 72 laps on slick tyres during the final three-day test in Jerez that was badly disrupted by rain and cold temperatures. He also lost...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 March 2013 09:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Not sure FatRat...

He's done 3 tests on the satellite machine to MM's 5 on what some are calling the best bike on the grid & is only 1 sec off MM's pace. With less experience & a non-factory bike should he be as fast as MM? (All things being equal would you expect him to be as fast as MM?)

He says he needs track time... as a rookie it's the most important factor in getting up to speed. You think 3 tests is enough?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Good luck to

Bradley and I hope he manages to improve with more track time.
The tests he has done have gone reasonably well but it was a shame about all the wet weather.
Would love to Bradders battling with his team mate by the end of the season.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You've had plenty of sheep..Baa

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fast is as fast does Hedgy

In this company Smith is not fast, nor likely to be.

2013 is one of the easier years to be a Rookie with the Rossi spec more compliant rubber 'talking' to the riders far more than the treacherous highside hoops of 2010/2011.

I thought he'd found a couple of base settings already going by previous tests.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bradley

is going to need to improve on his performance to get within the top 10, that's for sure.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

nothing

i don't think he wil ever be able to go fast. i think herve made an big mistake. he maybe a nice guy but he has to be carefull not being beaten by crt all season.

Reply to this Topic
YPM47

Jan 13

YPM47 says:

did you know

Brad's time of 141.1 was about the same as Dovi's qualifying time at Jerez last year ? Not bad considering that he was under orders not to go for a quick lap and sent out each time with a full fuel load. not once did he get a splash and dash set up. Unlike some of the other riders. I seem to remember Cal putting in quick times in qualy then suffering badly as he tried to get to grips with a top heavy bike at the start of each race. looks like Tech 3 are trying to avoid the same thing with Bradley and going for race set up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices