Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: My goal is to win Qatar by one minute! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: My goal is to win Qatar by one minute!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: My goal is to win Qatar by one minute!

Cal Crutchlow had good reason to crack jokes and be all smiles about his potential in the first MotoGP race of 2013 in Qatar next weekend after he topped the timesheets at the end of a rain-hit final test in Jerez. On a greasy but dry track after mid-morning rain had disrupted the final day, Crutchlow powered his Monster Yamaha Tech...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 March 2013 09:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

fatrat

i both agree and disagree with that, Dovi is a quality rider and only acouple of percent short of the top bracket.

Cal definately threw it away too many times and has to keep it rubber side up this term, but as i said most of last season IMO he showed better raw pace than Dovi.

Dovi is a product of the GP scheme, ex125 champion, school at every level to great levels of success and a consistent top five rider for the last 5 years . a pedigree if you like.

Crutchlow is a mongrel racer, has had to bounce form series to series, skipping levels as a late starter to get to where he has as quick as possible, so is lacking the race craft of Dovi in GP's

Pure pace though, its Cal for me.....

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

If there's going to be any last corner duff ups between rossi and cal there will be only 1 winner. Different leagues of talent. Cal doesn't have the race craft. Doesn't mean he won't out qualify vr on more than one occasion. I jus can't see him finishing the race in front of him too often

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

As a Brit

I hope your wrong Fatrat, as with Rossi ,this season will settle afew disagreement and opinions.

Whichever way it turns out ,i'l accept it with good grace ( ok maybe a little smirk if im right)

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Cal's done well,

to top the time sheets, he's a Brit and we should be pleased, that however is not going to get him a podium, never mind a win, he needs better race craft and consistency. The bike is a good package and he shouldn't be moaning about it, putting in those sort of times, it'll be harder this year for him to get a podium, than last, with those guys in front of him, so he needs to stay 'bubble up and rubber down' and finish races. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ben, don't be a bell end..

Dovi, as you well know, had many more years of GP experience compared to Crutchlow and despite a few silly mistakes, Cal kept him on his toes to the very end. I wouldn't start shouting your mouth off just yet, let's make our respective judgements after this season - this will tell us a lot about Cal's actual standing within the championship. I personally think he'll do well and will be on course for a factory ride in 2014, possibly Dovi's last before Superbikes?...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

2013 M1..?

Chassis pivot point..Benny?

Sounds like Yamaha are taking this lateral flex mularky a bit too far?

Take your head out of your arse for a second sheepboy and explain what the fk it is your babbling away in Cymraeg about. 

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Good interview

at GPONE. http://www.gpone.com/index.php/201303259715/Crutchlow-M1-vecchia-fa-buon-brodo.html Check out the brit talking to a foreigner accent! f'ing hilarious. Love Cals attitude, what a ledge

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Thanks for the clip

Very interesting hearing what Cal has to say.

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

why does he now talk with a european accent??

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The new 2013 frame has been well documented elsewhere

Which is the one Rossi and Lorenzo are using

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle