Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: My goal is to win Qatar by one minute! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: My goal is to win Qatar by one minute!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: My goal is to win Qatar by one minute!

Cal Crutchlow had good reason to crack jokes and be all smiles about his potential in the first MotoGP race of 2013 in Qatar next weekend after he topped the timesheets at the end of a rain-hit final test in Jerez. On a greasy but dry track after mid-morning rain had disrupted the final day, Crutchlow powered his Monster Yamaha Tech...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 March 2013 09:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LCTanner

Feb 13

LCTanner says:

Good performance from Cal at Jerez. Lets see if he can keep it up over race distance throughout the season. Its a tall order for him i think.

Rossi's a kid in a sweet shop. He's gunna be a threat to everyone.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Very interesting Buell?

By that I assume you mean he is lying about the spec of his bike.

The Tech3 bike was stated as being last years bike with the Valencia spec engine that Lorenzo used.

You say you've heard otherwise from your contacts in the paddock. So I'll ask you again, not to try and catch you out because I have no idea if you are telling the truth or not, but because you say there is little difference between the Tech3 and factory bikes and you know what the differences are. As this is a forum where people exchange views and info, there would be a general interest in you stating what those differences are, would there not?

Personally, I'd say a completely new frame design is a fairly big difference, not minimal.

So, what are they?

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Cals' got to

up the concentration levels this year...it was obvious that Dovi had the sign over him...and he did disapoint when he got mixed up trying to race him. But the guy has speed and aggression, if he can find that last little something he can finish top non-factory. IMHO he will have to finish no lower than 5th...'cos I can't see a factory spot for Espargaro...so he'll be looking to get the seat in '14. But if the pressure is on Cal, then what about DP? 2013 has got to be last chance saloon to keep the HRC ride...it's championship or ADIOS for the Barca Kid.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bulto..

..my understanding is that Rossi/Lorenzo have been evaluating both 2012 & 2013 machinery plus some new upgrades, in a bid to decide which parts are an improvement over last year’s title-winning bike.

Seems Rossi's opted for the old chassis..

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Rossi-to-use-2012-chassis-at-Qatar-MotoGP-opener&newsid=8867

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wosi

That's correct...rossi say's he will use the old chassis and test the new one again later in the year

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Frames = confused

Thanks for the link Wosi. To be honest, I've seen that many conflicting reports on which chassis they're on....

They had a new chassis at Sepang 1 on the 2013 bike. I remember Rossi saying he had problems with his 2013 bike with the new frame so had to use a 2012 bike whilst Yamaha sorted the new one. The latest frame is the second 2013 frame, I think., which would tie in with what Crutchlow said.

When he said he will start Qatar with the frame he used yesterday, I took that to be the original 2013 frame from Sepang, which isn't a 2012 frame.

Don't care which bloody frame they're using as long as the racing is good...

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Whatever

frame Rossi uses, I reckon he'll be on the podium on the 7th.

Hey Rev, by the look of you, you need a shave, and stay off the cheese it'll make you fat. 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Behind the times my arse  -  that's the bike from Sepang

They just tried another new frame in Jerez and that's the one Rossi has decided not to use in Qatar, even though he set his quickest time of the weekend on it.

Hey Wosi - does that sound familiar, one rider 'rejecting' a new frame which is 'clearly superior'? ......

What have you to say about that then mucker...!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Help me try and keep up

When has Rossi said he's going to use the 2012 frame? The article headline and editorial said that, he didn't. All he said was I won't use the new frame in Qatar, I'll use the one I used yesterday.

That would be the original 2013 Sepang frame, not the new version they've just tried in Jerez.

I haven't seen it reported anywhere that Rossi has been using the 2012 frame on his bike. Nor have I heard him talk of it. If he has then fair enough, I'm wrong.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

rejecting a superior frame

Rossi has rejected a "clearly superior" frame bulto? Im not sure and will probably get shot down but, did either of the factory yams go quicker on the newer frame, and if not how is it superior. Rossi said he will use the older frame at first and re test the newer frame when possibel. I'm sure that if jorge uses the newer frame and it proves to be better Rossi may switch at a date inbetween now and the next test. And before anyone uses that to bash rossi, we keep being reminded that rossi is the number 2 in the factory yam squad, and surely it should be down to the number 1 to initially evaluate parts in race situations, its what development is about.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices