Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith motivated by Cal Crutchlow's form MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith motivated by Cal Crutchlow's form

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith motivated by Cal Crutchlow's form

Bradley Smith says Monster Yamaha Tech 3 teammate Cal Crutchlow’s impressive winter testing form is providing the perfect motivation for him to quickly improve in his rookie MotoGP campaign. Crutchlow ended the 2013 pre-season in stunning style in Jerez yesterday (Monday) when he clocked the fastest time of a rain-hit three-day session. A best lap of 1.39.511 put Crutchlow 0.014s clear of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 March 2013 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
assen03

Dec 08

assen03 says:

Nice and easy does it!

That is a great attitude to take forward. Small steps is a lot better than breaking you leg early in the season. Good luck mate!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

it must be

A daunting task....turning up from moto2...and think your going as fast as is possible and your team mate is 1.6 seconds quicker.......marquez must be absolutely bonkers fearless...I can see some mighty crashes coming his way just like lorenzo.....but here's hoping not

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

goal

im sure this season his goal is to finish as many races as possible and knowing tech 3 they will want only that, marquez however will go gung ho so to speak so dont judge just from testing. brad can put a good race together when its right for him as most can. one thing he wont be doing is taking silly risks.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Pressure free?

Well O.K Mr Smith, if that's your take on it, good for you.

Fatrat's got it in one. Iannone (who I don't particularly rate)  is a diamond in the rough with a style which does not suit the hairy chested half baked Duke, but his pedigree over Smith is shining though already.

I would suggest Smith has plenty of pressure, from himself, from his team mate, his competitors and least not from Herve to justify the mystifying early signature of Smith to MotoGP.

Good luck to the young man though. He's on the most rider friendly MotoGP machine, with tyres much more forgiving than a couple of seasons ago. He'll chip away and accumulate points at most G.P's. That might put him ahead of a few at seasons end who garner better individual GP results but decorate the scenery with C-F on a few occasions.

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

might say pressure is off but if he doesnt beat iannone over the course of the season with a better bike questions will be asked.i do however think he will come good may have to wait till next season though, as cal did

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

POL?

I hate to kick young Bradley when he's down but I'd love to have seen Espargaro continuing his fierce rivalry with MM in the big league. The satellite Yam mightn't be a match for the factory Honda ATM but I'm sure Pol wouldn't be as far back as brad is? Factory Yamaha need to pull their finger out with that seamless transition box as well - even Ducati have one. WTF?

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

The Smith Factor

I've been baking my own bread for some years now and very wholesome it is too, but as I have explained during a previous lecture last year, the Oxford Freshman has never ever really proved his worth, even under the guidance of Puig, love him or not, yet still you hail him, Bradders, as the coming mesiah. Would be nice, but  won't happen. Catchment Superbike will pick him up in a couple of years time and we'll all live happily ever after. You've been told, thus no more nonsense please.

Bill

Reply to this Topic
YPM47

Jan 13

YPM47 says:

he's only doing as he's told

tech 3 pay Bradley's wages, and he is doing exactly what they want - take it easy, learn the bike, everything in little steps. That's the way Tech 3 work - they dont want him to have an expensive crash, dent his confidence or worse -injure himself. There is absolutely nothing to prove in testing. knocking him for following advice from a very experienced team is just plain stupid.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices