Skip to content

Ask an Expert Entitlement Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Entitlement

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Dec 11

Posts: 1


I have got a full car licence which i took in 2006 , on the paper part it says ive got a provisonal entitlement of:
and on the photocard it says:
f, k, p
i want to know what the requirements are for me to ride a large motorcycle?
in view of the fact that i have category A as above and will i have to take another theory test?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 March 2013 15:10)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Mar 11

Posts: 168

tc330 says:

You are a learner in the eyes of the law

Your cat A is provisional therefore like all learners you would need to pass a CBT, Theory test and both parts of the Practical test to ride anything bigger than a 125cc bike. Or you could do the CBT and ride a 125 on L plates fir upto 2 years.

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices