You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > pushing a MX bike on road

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

foxy-teamSTW

Jul 07

foxy-teamSTW says:

pushing a MX bike on road

My son bought a motocross bike from one of his friends, and while pushing it home, was stopped by a policeman, and given a producer for no road insurance, MOT, and road tax. Obviously he had none, and today recieved a summons. He had the bike siezed and consequently crushed. He had no intention of riding it on the road, and bought it to do MX track days. How are we fixed legally, please?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 March 2013 13:05)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

it will be leason learned and ur son will not do it again

u are f.cked any bike or car on a road neads to be tax,mot,ed insured ect u were lucky that they did not ask to see his bike licences to if he had one. 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

MX Bike

I believe bmwgs is correct, even if the bike is being 'pushed' on the road it needs to be fully legal.  The bike should have been transported on a van or trailer.  I think under the circumstances the officer has been somewhat harsh to report it rather than giving your son some words of advice but either way he'll now have to plead his case before the court. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Gobbit

Mar 13

Gobbit says:

mx push

I believe from my CBT, he should also be wearing a helmet which could also be another issue at court.

Reply to this Topic
foxy-teamSTW

Jul 07

foxy-teamSTW says:

thanks

Thanks, the copper in question has pulled my son before, and is known as being a proper c*nt. Even the other coppers we've spoken to, say he's a twat.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I think

if you're pushing it they should let you off with a warning that it's not legal. But frankly who are you hurting? It may be within the letter of the law but I'm doubtful it's within it's spirit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices