Skip to content

Discuss This LCR targets regular podium threat from Stefan Bradl MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR targets regular podium threat from Stefan Bradl

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

LCR targets regular podium threat from Stefan Bradl

Bradl Italian MotoGP team boss Lucio Cecchinello says he expects Stefan Bradl to be a consistent podium threat in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. The 2011 Moto2 world champion is in his second season on Honda’s RC213V and with additional factory support from HRC this season, Bradl has been backed to fight for the top three after an encouraging rookie campaign...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 March 2013 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

\Second group rider for me

Maybe its a Yorkshire term half decent, he's a solid rider for me, but lack the killer instinct to make it to the very top. abit Dovi ish ( sorry Benny) if he can match Dovi's achievements he'l have had a good career IMO.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

27 minutes past Wednesday and Benny starts getting brave.

How predictable is that?..

Hahaha..ya fkin pumpkin head.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Cals target this year. he's extremely unlikely to get a factory yam off Rossi or Jorge, or Danis or Marquez's ride. The very next best thing is Bradls full factory honda.. Who knows it might push yam into giving him todays bike instead of the 1998 R1 in monster colours he's reportedly racing this season. Very achievable.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

I see normal service

Has resumed on this thread.....lol

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Not Fatrat

Bradl doesnt catch me eye as a future winner, title challenge or regular podium finisher, he solid but uninspiring.

The Dovi reference is that if theres a benchmark to hit first its to achieve the level of sucess that dovi has shown in his five years in Moto GP, He's the most consistent top 5/poduim finisher and championship runner outside the aliens. 

Yamaha or Honda dont appear willing to give him a factory birth despite what he achieved last year, so he's taken the Ducati dollar and top status there instead. But in truth thats hardly going to give him a world title in the near future is it given their track record.

Bradl is one of the favoured one's so has a good chance to massively improve this year ,full factory bike as Nostrostroke points out (damn i hater agreeing with the liar) and if he can achieve anytime like the sucess of Dovi he will have done brilliantly.

Remember i pointed the same thing out for Spies ,and look how he turned out......

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Bradl is a talent

It's not a coincidence he was given a factory bike the same year Marquez joined the ranks.  You don't take a sabre to a Glock fight do you?  He is a talent and will be on the podium by (& inc.) Le Mans (IMO).  As for the points rule, agreed there'll be no change to the state of play.  Certainly no pub bragging rights for starting back of the grid.  Unless your Marc Marquez in Sepang?

Hugelean good point, but I don't think Cal will get that Honda ride from Bradl (injury exempt)... unless they go to a two man team for 2014, now there's a thought..

On a different note, remember - a handicapped parking space does not mean it's reserved for handicapped people.  It actually signifies the spot belongs to Chuck Norris and you will be handicapped if you park there.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Shawno

Its hard  to make a point in these forums without upsetting someone. Every rider who competes in Moto GP are incredibly talented in the grand scheme of  things.

But to sort out where they truly stand is hard. The top factory riders are there for their proven track records,for catching the eye with their blazing speed to show that with the right equipment they will be the winners.

I never truly bought into the Spies was a future alien argument despite his past track record in WSB AMA,

Sure he was in the top six or seven but never really threatening to give the established stars a run for their money.

Neither did bradl last year, he was neat and tidy and sat in a steady but unspectacular position given the quality of the machine he was on. He should have been doing a Crutchlow, ie catching the eye and battling with the established stars.

Dovi is a quality rider, a sub alien if you like, for the last few years he's just been acouple of wins from gaining the belief in himself to be right at the very front every week. Yet people under value him and see more in others (spies etc) why?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

CCB

Agreed with your point on Spies.  His performance in WSB and AMA was highly commendable.  Just seemed like the GP circus got the better of him and the whole momma Spies PR just struck me as odd.  He became a victim of his own hype.  There's only so much bad luck you can take before it well... brakes you! (intentional pun) Shame, but it's likely he'll be a mid pack runner at best on that Ducati.  Unlike Dovi who will bring the development in the right direction.  As been said many times, he's a super cool and smooth rider wtih tons of experience and highly deserved of the 5mil pay day.  Good on him.  Expect him to be up there in the top six regular and capitalise on any alien mistakes. 

Disagree on your view of Bradl.  He's still, young hungry and only 1 year in with some impressive runs.  He has a good mentality and a cool head.   He deserved the 2011 title - he made few mistakes...  This season will see him up his game (as Cal did in his 2nd season after learning the ropes).  Cal received more DNF's than Bradl last year... (and yes, I am a big fan of Cal). Either way, am expecting some great battles at the front and a pack of hungry experienced guys ready to jump on any slides right behind them.

Hey, you can't please all of the people all of the time.  Given the personalities on here, that wouldn't be any fun ;-)

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

CCB, you're quite right about Dovi..

..he is a quality rider, but he'll always be sub-alien. He doesn't have the edge to take him any further than where he's already been. He'll enjoy his payday with Ducati and I think he may help steer that ship in the right direction. It will of course have no bearing on his championship aspirations though, the best he can hope for is top 5 in the coming years...

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Im not so sure CHR

Granted he did  have his chance at Honda but only was given one year in the factory team before they tried too cast him aside for Stoner. cant have helped his confidence, but still rode well enough to force them to have honour his contract.

He did brilliantly a Tech3 last year so has kept that great form up.\

IMO that last percent thats missing is in there somewhere, whether he can unlock it is the mystery....

Shawno... fair play, maybe im being hard on Bradl, we'l see what this year brings...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices