You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > tyres

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kidderman1

Jul 10

kidderman1 says:

tyres

I have just purchased a 2009 600 Hornet and I will very shortly need some new tyres. I am 71 years of age and only do around 2000 dry miles (if possible) a year. I have got past putting my knee down although I do like to ''lean'' So I would like the best tyres to get the most miles out of, What do you suggest please.:wacko:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 11:47)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Tyres

I have had very good experience with BT023's. They give good grip and last very well.  Pilot Road 3's are also very well thought of by a lot of people. 

Reply to this Topic
Arthurshandy

Mar 13

Arthurshandy says:

Tyres

Hi

I would second what marcusmarsh said, to a word.

I got on well with bt021's too, but they can't match the bt023 for mileage, based on my own experience with both.

For me, on the road, bt016's gave a heavy steering feel but stacks of cornering confidence in warm conditions. However they didn't long at all (less than 2k miles) and scrubbed out the front tyre just as quickly as the rear.

Friends who use pilot road 3s are also very happy and in mileage terms maybe they even exceed the bt023.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

tyres

Consider Continental Road Attacks. They are very well proved and work well on my R1200GS

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices