Skip to content

Discuss This Kevin Schwantz: Ben Spies can bounce back at Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Kevin Schwantz: Ben Spies can bounce back at Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Kevin Schwantz: Ben Spies can bounce back at Ducati

American legend Kevin Schwantz has backed fellow Texan Ben Spies to bounce back from a nightmare 2012 when the new MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar next weekend. The triple AMA Superbike champion endured a rotten second year on Yamaha’s factory YZR-M1 after a combination of bad luck and unforced errors left him 10th in the overall rankings and without a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Mentallly weak

In other words

Reply to this Topic
ThrobbingGristle

Mar 13

LOL

He'll certainly be bouncing - Off the tarmac, grass, air fences, back and forth and back to Tennessee.

Until I read this I used to have enormous respect for KS but he's clearly just another blubbering, blinkered yank !

Bounce back ! Ha ! - he is having a laugh isn't he ?

Reply to this Topic
stidds

Nov 02

stidds says:

Although it really wouldn't matter if Spies bounces back or not, he will keep getting top ride after top ride simply because of his nationality.  It is all about selling bikes to Americans.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Spies's season

If you want to know Spies's thoughts on his Ducati ride, his progress with it, and his expectations for the coming season, you'll need to be asking his Mom, because he hasn't got an f''ing   clue, lol

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Bounce

back on his arse more like!   watch out for those - what are they called, oh yes, corners.

I bet Alpinestars are looking forward to patching those leathers up a few times this year!

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

Ben

He may do a lot better than ppl give him credit for, a lot less pressure for him in Ducati with Iannone as his team mate / compared to the Yamaha Lorenzo combination. I hope he does well, he deserves a bit of luck! god knows that he had his fair share of bad luck on the Yamaha last year.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Pressure

I'd say there's more pressure having Iannone as your teammate. Getting beaten by a rookie teammate is as bad as it gets.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

I dont buy the bad luck excuse

He had an average first year on a factory bike up 2011 bar a slightly fortunate win at Assen, (ok he rode well but IMO wouldnt have beaten Lorenzo.)

He finished the first 9 races in 2012 and was terrible, probably the worst ever rider on a proven factory bike.

Everyone had shouted how the change to 1000 would suit him, like the superbikes he's always races etc.

Yamaha probably ran out of patience with him and couldnt be bothered after that, with the Tech 3 boys making him look like an amateur.

The Ducati will more than likely finish him off all together, and as for the old argument that Spies is a far better rider than Dovi..........hahahahaha not in the same league

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

"oh say can you see..."

An American backing another American? This just doesn't make sense....

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

back in wskb for ben after his contract runs out

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle