Skip to content

Discuss This Kevin Schwantz: Ben Spies can bounce back at Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Kevin Schwantz: Ben Spies can bounce back at Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Kevin Schwantz: Ben Spies can bounce back at Ducati

American legend Kevin Schwantz has backed fellow Texan Ben Spies to bounce back from a nightmare 2012 when the new MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar next weekend. The triple AMA Superbike champion endured a rotten second year on Yamaha’s factory YZR-M1 after a combination of bad luck and unforced errors left him 10th in the overall rankings and without a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

well if Kevin is backing him

Then he is going to fall apart like a cheap watch !

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Sorry Schwantz if he could'nt do it on Yamaha's GP world championship winning bike he is'nt going to do it on a second string duke

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

4 Stars for CosherB!!!

I miss Elbowz and agree... what you said.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

and yes VFR

It was a shocking season for the young chap wasn't it. I fear his head may be gone??? He says he over thinks things in part 2 of his garage chat with Eddie Lawson from a couple years ago, maybe that is it?

Here is the link to part 3.... My favourite part being an ex 2 stroke racer and even an evil RG 500 is their comments on "riding a 500" at 5:15 in to the vid. Eddie's reaction to his first time and Eddie's reaction to Ben saying he would like to try one. Eddie, stone cold and dour as ever..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vw_xRy-u-g

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Ben has a propper team mate to deal with. Ianone is a verry underated rider IMo. Then again if Ben is fully fit and on form? Then he still is a great rider. The way he blasted onto the european scène in WSBK was verry impressive. Even i being a huge Nori Haga fan must admit that. I was gutted though. As for Elbowz? He'l be back on MCN.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Cool vid WWB. Steady Eddie, seen him racing a very pretty and competative Cagiva 2-stroke 500. With a slightly darker red than Ferarri use for F1. Awsome bike that was.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Carlos

A very lovely machine indeed, one of the best looking ever! Anybody else see him destroy it in morning warm up at Donington 1990 I believe? Coming down Craner Curves... looked like a plane crash!

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Nice link willie, thanks. Well put by eddie about 2strokes...its not that the power was unbelievable(130-165 hp through the 80s i think), but the powerband was a light switch spread over the width of a c-hair. All on michelin macadams with pogo stick suspension...yikes!!!!

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

WWB there is a good vid on You-tube with Kork Ballington reving his Kawasaki 500 bike. Don't know how to put it on MCN? But You'l find it or have already seen it. Anyway a great season for all race fans, and especially for nr 60 in WSS. Michael van der Mark. The kid rules!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle