Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Iannone: No big risk joining Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Iannone: No big risk joining Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Iannone: No big risk joining Ducati

Italian Andrea Iannone doesn’t believe his move to Ducati for his first MotoGP campaign in 2013 is a big risk. The 23-year-old has arrived at Ducati at a time when the Bologna factory is looking to bounce back from a nightmare two-year spell with nine-times world champion Valentino Rossi, who scored just three podiums in 35 races on the struggling Desmosedici. Last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 11:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Not bothered?

Wonder how many times he'll throw it up the road this season before declaring I can't ride it

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

Right Attitude

He's a very talented rider and probably deserved to be Cals team mate on the Yamaha - he has joined Ducati at the right time and as a young talent he will probably adapt to it better than most because he hasn't been on anything else, hope to see him do well.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

BLUEHAZE60....

Not as many times as Rossi,who definitly couldn`t ride it,i think he`ll do good, for a rookie.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

braindeadnev

554 posts and 554 childish comments.
What a dick you are.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Taking advice from Rossi before joining Ducati.....and Rossi saying there were only three or four things that weren't quite perfect....so in two years he couldn't figure out what those four things were to get them fixed...oh dear...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Impressive start

He's done well thus far and will only get better. The beauty of the situation in his case is that a GP prototype is currently a Ducati and he is blissfully unencumbered with baggage locked in his mind that says things like...'It doesn't turn in like my Yamaka'.

Expecting him to lose the yellow on the bike was a stretch. Nevermind, I'm okay with this one.

A good grid slot at some stage and a good start at some point I will enjoy. This bloke can always be counted on to provide an adrenalin rush. A couple of laps of scrapping between himself and Marquez on their respective HRC/Ducati L-4's will be highly entertaining.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

I think ducati will improve a bit this year....it has absolutely nothing to with rossi leaving and has everything to do with the arrival of the germans and the departure of preziosi in my opinion. Rossi recommended ducati because they will improve and ianonne has time to wait. Rossi did not have that kind of time to wait. He gave them two years and they did improvements in piecemeal...needed engine redesign and preziosi's pride prevented that from happening. There is a reason why the germans(and the english) have been so successful through the last several hundred years...they are practical and dont waste time on ego...if its not your idea but its a better one swallow your pride and use that idea to make things better. Im sure there are those that will see any improvement this year as "all dovi" or because rossi left, but the reality is if you change more than one variable in any experiment (change in ownership, prezzie fired, new riders...thats 3 things), then you can no longer pinpoint what caused the change. Ducati will be a bit better this year because the germans are involved and they will work methodically and be willing to change ANYTHING to make the bike better...not just some things while insisting on keeping others due to image. Image doesnt make you go fast.....

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Ah, the Maniac Joe! I'm a big fan of this rider. Had some great rides on a very mediocre Moto2 ride. What i like about Ianone is that he doesn't regroup after being passed. He doesn't wait a few turns to get back. No way it's the very next corner where he fighting back. I won't be surprised at all if Ianone will be top Duc rider this season.

Reply to this Topic
FatRat

Mar 13

FatRat says:

You're talking overly enthusiastic shit - yet again. Mediocre Moto2 ride? Don't think so. Under-funded team? Yes. Iannone (check your spelling - he is your fav rider?) was trying to land a ride with Italtrans towards the end of 2012 because he didn't think that Speed-up had the budget to complete the season. Didn't really matter though because, as we all saw, MM creamed all over him.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices