Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013

Andrea Dovizioso has the experience and talent to revive Ducati’s flagging fortunes in the MotoGP world championship. That’s the belief of the Italian’s former Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal, who watched the former 125GP world champion become the most successful rider in the French team’s history in 2012. Dovizioso scored six podiums last season but unable to secure the factory...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 12:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bulto

Theres alot of truth in your post, i'l not argue with it.

My point is Nostro does know better  and so do i/we/ the bulk of us that post in here. two of the greatest riders of modern times Stoner/rossi were let down by the factory in the sense they couldnt provide them with a bike that was good to beat those of Honda or Yamaha. So to keep pointing the finger at either rider is pointless.

The Ducati design team needs a rethink and to be able to compete with thr Japanese in terms of development rate and then theirs will stand a competitive chance.

Its time to drop the fanboy crap and start posting sense IMHO.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Not a FatRat in hell's chance of Dovi or anyone else getting a podium on that thing this year unfortunately. Far better riders than Dovi have tried and im afraid its just going to be one more career down the pan,still at least he will have a nice bundle of cash to rest his bruised body on this year.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Benny

Is the cylinder Head and twin point fuel injection not the improvement Rossi kept asking for but never got out of preziosi? Glad the factory seems to be getting its act together though.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You still pretending to speak for me CCB?

I'll tell you what Nostro knows, in Nostro's words. He knows the respective Ducati performances of Stoner and Yamaha's new nr.2 were chalk and cheese apart, even for Stoner's worst year 2010 - the one most directly comparable with nr.2 in 2011. Sames tyres, same bike albeit nr.2 got the advantage of money thrown at his. Wins and podiums galore versus, well, nothing at all really.

Typical fanboy nonsense from you to even mention both riders in the same breath. One could race a difficult bike and win, the other plainly cannot.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fatrat likes to keep lesser rodents as pets

which is why he's gone easy on you CCB. 

When asked what the Ducati needed to improve Nr.2's answer was "I don't know, I'm not an engineer" To suggest he specifically asked for a twin injector system and a re-designed cylinder head is just more fanboy fantasy invention from you - as is your wont.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

nostro

Back your words then captain bullshitter, biggest liar on the forum. Take the bet, hahaha you havent got the balls have you.  when Rossi hits form you'l look such a clown.....

Benny i wish Dovi all the luck this year and hope he gets better support than Rossi or Stoner ever did. Like you say a new regime to start a fresh without \preziosi to hold it back.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Going on from there - if Ducati are evaluating everything from the ''mountain'' of stuff left by Rossi and they find something in that ''mountain'' which fixes the problem - then - will it not vindicate Yamaha's no.2 and his chief engineer keeping their repuations intact ?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

The big hole in your hate campaign Nobstroke

So heres another of your quotes for you to lie about Nostro. did you not critisize Rossi because he asked for the power to be smoothed out , so it could put its power down better? the twin injection appears to be the engineers answer to that problem that Rossi pointed out needed improving to make the bike better. better Drvie

The engineer finds the solution from the rider feedback get it?? at you suggesting Dovi designed this??

But no you scorned him for not being able to master the beast of an engine etc, Casey could blah blah blah

2x 4th in the championship really proved how he master it and the bike was going backwards.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Err how do you figure that Saturn

If nr.2 asked for a new foo foo valve of a specific design to improve such and such an area of the bikes performance and it worked, then yes. But that wasn't the case was it? Nr.2 just kept asking for new bits to mask his own inadequacies. It was a random scatter gun approach brought about by, as Herve says, pressure from nr.2. Nr.2 used and discarded, used and discarded.

How on earth can you think any of that can be vindication? Oh yes, that's right. Because you're another sheep like cultist of nr.2.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

HA HA

Objection ''your honour''   ..... ''Supposition''

''Sustained''                       and cultist maybe to the most succesful rider since Ago.

TAKE THE BET NOSTRO  it's the only ''honourable'' thing to do!   If you're that confident in your predictions then back it up !  If not Hara-Kiri is the order of the day.   If you win I will delete my account along with CCB

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices