Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013

Andrea Dovizioso has the experience and talent to revive Ducati’s flagging fortunes in the MotoGP world championship. That’s the belief of the Italian’s former Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal, who watched the former 125GP world champion become the most successful rider in the French team’s history in 2012. Dovizioso scored six podiums last season but unable to secure the factory...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 12:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

geoff duke

go too twowheelsblog for nice article and short video

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So..only Rossi got SNS tyres?

No, but usually they were made for him so they didn't necessarily suit the bike / style of another rider.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no more biased wosi

than your continual contention of that  stoner had an " unfair" advantage from the bridgestones.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rossi got Stoners tyres 2008..?

Lorenzo & Pedrosa got them a year later..?

SNS race tyres didn't do Rossi any good 2006 did they?

What the likes of Bulto and Nostro are asking us to believe, is that Rossi had special tyres magicked up that were way superior to anyone else's..that this goes a long way to explaining his success while conveniently forgetting the above.

SNS tyres were a fact..but all works riders got them custom built and they all had to last 20 laps under extreme conditions.

They reckon the one lap qualifiers were worth about a second a lap..How much faster was an SNS race tyre than a regular good race tyre?

Probably a twentieth of a second..maybe a tenth?

No doubt our ugly sisters will say it's a second a lap..and continue to peddle fanboy supposition and ignore that Stoner was a rookie and just plain crashed a lot.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

ask tony elias

whether sns tyres were any advantage in 2006.

I didn't have much problem with sns tyres, all the contenders got them, apart perhaps from the touch of catch 22 in that you may have needed them to be a contender. Anyway, it was the way things were in premier class bike racing and not something instituted by rossi, and if he and the others on them hadn't delivered somebody else would have got them.

I do find it rich for supporters of riders who had the sns tyres, basically tailor made to suit the top riders in the prevailing track conditions each week-end, to complain about ducati having a tyre advantage which if present was won with hard work over several years co-developing a tyre suited to their bike with bridgestone,  starting from a position where  michelin was very much the dominant tyre.

No doubt stoner's crashing in 2006 was at least partly related to rookie rashness, and it is possible that he wouldn't have gotten on with any variety of michelin front including sns tyres; we will never know though because he never had them.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

SNS

Michelin made tyres that had a specific construction and compund for each track. This is what the works teams got. These weren't SNS tyres, they were the usual tyres that Michelin provided for works teams. Non works teams didn't get them.

Michelin would also provide overnight specials for Rossi to race with if he needed them based upon how Saturday had spun out. Quite often they seemed to 'find something' with set up on a Sunday. SNS - Saturday night special. Other riders may have got them at times but they were based upon the requirements provided by Rossi/ Yamaha so they weren't necessarily a benefit always. May also explain the often used phrase, Rossi goes better in the race than he does in qualifying...

Honda is supposed to have demanded some of these 'overnights' for their riders at Estoril 2006 in order to push Rossi down the order for Hayden's run to the title. Pedrosa is supposed to have rejected them as he didn't like them. Elias got them. The one and only time he did and his one and only Motogp win.

No idea what they were worth in terms of lap time Wosi but I'll bet this little dialogue is worth a good few beats per minute on your heart rate right now...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Fanboy supposition explained..

It gets sillier with every post..

Honda is supposed to have demanded some of these 'overnights' for their riders at Estoril 2006 in order to push Rossi down the order for Hayden's run to the title. Pedrosa is supposed to have rejected them as he didn't like them.

So..for a one-off favour, when their main man Rossi needed all the luck going, Michelin makes tyres for Pedrosa who rejects them because he doesn't like them compared to the 3rd rate alternatives, and goes on to almost skittle his team mate Hayden's chances of the title?

haha..you couldn't make it up.

Fk me..that explains why Rossi fell off in Valencia. Michelin kept kept the 3rd raters Toni should have used and slipped them into Rossi's bike on the grid..to make up for Dani rejecting tyres that won the race.

Froggy bastards..FIX!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Thanks for the Duke Link 73Mach3

A neat little celebratory video for one of the sports finest champions. Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You're right Wosi

You couldn't make it up. Often, some of the best dramas and comedies are actual events rather than scripted concotions

Back to Ducati and Iannone is seeming pretty bullish ahead of the first race and happy with his progress in testing. The big news is obviously headed by Rossi's return to Yamaha and Marquez in his debut race whilst more than a few eyes will be focussed on what Crutchlow can do. Ducati may raise a few eyebrows if they look closer to the lead times but expect them to just slip quietly under the radar if they're not. Iannone reckoned he had a 'good feeling' with his bike at the last test although that seemed to have deserted him on the last day

“I’m very happy because I’m fast,” the Pramac Racing Team rider told motogp.com as a pre-season summary. “On the first day, in the rain, I had a very good feeling with my bike. It was the same on the second day and I pushed very hard, but we had a bit of a problem on the last day – because I crashed and the bike was destroyed."   Ooops

Meanwhile Wosi, given your hatred of riders having love-ins and showing mutual respect for each other, you'll be positively overjoyed to learn that Marquez and Rossi have been sending mutually fawning tweets to each other. This fledgling friendship could all come undone of course at the first corner in Qatar....

Probably the most eagerly awaited first race in quite a few seasons.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

So you are saying wosi

That tony elias getting one win and one podium in 2006, both in the same race I believe, was totally unrelated to him having sns tyres in that race?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices