Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso can lead Ducati revival in 2013

Andrea Dovizioso has the experience and talent to revive Ducati’s flagging fortunes in the MotoGP world championship. That’s the belief of the Italian’s former Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal, who watched the former 125GP world champion become the most successful rider in the French team’s history in 2012. Dovizioso scored six podiums last season but unable to secure the factory...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 12:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Does anyone have any actual factual(!) data concerning these theories??? before Bulto reejaculates his touring tyres theory for all but the choosen few . MM (Marco Melandri for those of us who remember), came 2nd in the championship in 2005 on the same package Casey took over in 2006, a sat spec bike with ""sns""michies... In short the sat teams could win on the sat bikes with the 'sat tyres" and do it with regularity. More competitive than they are now with a spec tyre... Never seen any evidence for the sns theory and doubt you could win races on them even if they existed. One thing seems clear guessing which tyre might work the following day when conditions very often changed would not be a guarantee of success, as the best factory bike isn't. Just ask Casey last year..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No DF..

..there is a rumour that he did get get Pedrosa's offcasts, usually brought up by Stoner fans trying to justify a race crash ratio approaching 40% for 2006.

Are you saying that was all down to tyres?

For Bulto..

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=rossi+marquez+images&rxc=12&FORM=IDFRMS&&id=DB6E3D4EB600D7BBA0B26EF45831A3CD348A12B3&selectedIndex=15#view=detail&id=A352E3B624FB2ED1733E4595E62517F1CF00E2DC&selectedIndex=4

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

HArdlylean & Wosi

go and buy a few Motocourse back volumes eh, and brush up on your history. Sachsenring 2006 springs to mind. Rossi all at sea in practice 11th or 12th on the grid. "Help, Mr. Michelin man, I can't do what the others do on the same rubber, I need my tyre" And so it was Rossi won on Sunday.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I don't have to

justify stoner's crash rate in 2006 wosi, just as no-one needs to justify rossi's crash rate in 2000 or lorenzo's in 2008, in all 3 cases it was their rookie year in the premier class and they more than justified themselves by their subsequent achievements. I believe both  rossi and lorenzo were on more competitive bikes and had better tyres than stoner, and obviously acknowledge stoner had a wilder riding style than both, though not much wilder than lorenzo's in 2008. And sure lcr honda, with a one rider team in their first year in gp bike racing were on the same level as gresini honda, for whom as you point out marco melandri finished 2nd the year before, both in the honda pecking order and in overall resources and expertise. 

You have got me again, it is yet another sign of how terrible stoner is, that it took him till he was 21 to refine his on the edge riding style, and furthermore that he did not win the premier class championship until he was 22, months older than freddie spencer.

I can understand your upset about all this speculation about non existent sns tyres that dorna still felt the need to exclude in the rules for the 2007 season, particularly when recalcitrants refuse to acknowledge the obvious truth that rossi would have had no problem riding the 2007 ducati like stoner did.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hugelean

Elias wasn't on an LCR bike in 2005 as they didn't run a Motogp bike until 2006, so no comparison.

He was on Gresini / Movistar. Gresini had been running vitually works spec bikes from 2003 and their riders were beating the works team.

Do you really think LCR were running a works spec bike for Stoner in 2006

Wosi - nice picture  -  but I fear if they get that close on track, there will be no such smiles come race end...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Doohanfan & Nob..

DF: I thought we'd already established that Rossi rode the Ducati as fast as Stoner..just the competition moved on?

Nobber: Get yoursen down to specsavers and buy some new glasses you old duffer..those orange tints are doing you no favours at all..!?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you can

say rossi rode the ducati as fast as stoner all  you like wosi, and engage in as much sophistry as you like (and you do like sophistry) and be no more convincing, even to yourself I suspect. The first person you need to convince is rossi himself it would seem.

You really need to remember the arguments you have previously advanced in one thread before you argue the opposite in others, with your use of crashes to excuse some riders and condemn others a prime example; your argument that loris capirossi really finished 4th in 2007 because his crashes, like valentino rossi's in 2011, don't count was sophistry of a particularly threadbare variety.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

I doubt dovi could lead a horse to water let alone sort this bike

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

let the games begin

and happy easter! from the other side of the pond!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

fatrat

your the only twat on here, even your next profile name knows it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices