Skip to content

Discuss This Long Way Round now on MCN-TV.com General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Long Way Round now on MCN-TV.com

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Long Way Round now on MCN-TV.com

Feeling inspired to travel? Why not immerse yourself in the idea, as the hugely popular TV series Long Way Round is now available on MCN-TV.com, the online, on-demand TV channel from MCN. The first two episodes of this ground-breaking documentary have just been uploaded with the final five added in the coming weeks. Follow film star Ewan McGregor and pal Charley...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 14:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Fantastic, and only 9 years after the event!!  Maybe we can have George Formby's 'No Limit' TT film next. Theres probably a handful of people who havn't seen that either!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A couple of preening poseurs

How to whinge, whine, truck and train yourself around the world with an entourage of four wheeled back up vehicles. It's about as adventure as any one of MacGregor's movies. A far more entertaining watch is the YouTube Ewan and thingy clips - watch from episode one. Or if you want a proper idea of motorcycle adventure read Ted Simons seminal book 'Jupiters Travels.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Slag it off all you like, it got bikes on't telly and the roads

And BMW have recouped their investment many times over.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Nostro, you're a wanker

Have you ever backed away from your keyboard and tele and ventured further than the local pub yourself?  Even with the support crew documenting the trip, it's damned tough riding the terrain they did and for the hours they did and such big bikes.  You have to be fit and energetic to keep it up for 3 months.  Was a trip of a lifetime and they wanted it filmed for themselves and to share with the world.  Hats off to them for having done what you likely have never done. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ah but there's where you're 100% wrong X2 Glider

I've done a fair bit of adventure riding in my time. 2000 to 2001 - 13 months, 20 countries 60,000km from Germany to New Zealand  solo. Plenty of off road stuff, no entourage, no trains, no trucks. Only two aeroplanes because of necessity - one across then fucked up and uninviting Burma from Katmandu to Bangkok, and another Dili to Darwin. Otherwise riding all the way and ferries between islands. Trip of a lifetime and an achievement I'm very proud of. I'd do it again without hesitation of life's circumstances weren't different. I.e wife and kids.

Every overlander I've ever spoken to is equally scathing of Ewan and Thingy.

How about you big boy, ever splashed through a puddle not at the end of your driveway?

Reply to this Topic
Budda1

Jul 09

Budda1 says:

Good Show

I enjoyed the programme I am sure there are a lot of bikers out there that feel they have done as much or more but you cannot belittle what they acheived, and they give it a professional look being in the business.

this got a lot of people intresting in touring ( even though not to the extreams they went to )

Charley is by far the better biker,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices