Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo boss: Hard to repeat 2012 consistency MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo boss: Hard to repeat 2012 consistency

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo boss: Hard to repeat 2012 consistency

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha team boss Wilco Zeelenberg has admitted repeating the stunning consistency of 2012 will be a tough challenge for the Spaniard. Lorenzo clinched his second MotoGP world title last season without ever finishing lower than second, which included six victories in Qatar, Le Mans, Catalunya, Silverstone, Mugello and Misano. But Zeelenberg said repeating that remarkable sequence...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 16:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

FR

Brands Hatch was my  local track.   All of the top U.S. MotoGp champions came up through that series. They should bring it back     BSB v. AMA - great to see  Byrne, Lowes, Hill etc..  up against  Hayes, Young, Bostrom

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Shame he ditched the WSB round - Never understood why he couldn't make it pay.   Don't like Silverstone bland and uninteresting - Donington sort of OK last time I went 2005 the worst pissing wet day ever.   Facilities were awful - line of portaloos all choked up to the seat and overflowing - vowed never to go again.   I  Like Mallory if a bit small ok if they got rid of that Micky Mouse Bus-stop chicane.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

"Selective viewing
Beautifully illustrated by CBRXXX spouting the typical Stoner groupie excrement that Jorge trundled around in the second half of the season, collecting easy points. You must have missed all Jorge's moments and saves 'cause Skippy wasn't in the shot at the time."

You like to put words in people's mouths. I thought I was praising the lad for keeping a level head and not getting drawn into championship losing antics.It's time to go fetch the bone Rover.

"CBR11

''The story is about whether or not Lorenzo can replicate his brilliant 2012 podium streak.''

Thanks for that pal didn't realise - must learn to read."

It'd be good if you learnt how to do that mate. May put an end to the meandering you know, get you back to Earth so to speak.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Interesting you mention Hayden's win ratio CBR..

..anyone seen The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid? juicy little documentary by the great Rossi fawnicator Mark Neale, about the 2005 Laguna GP. Worth a look if Easter's chores allow... On subject, I see a regular podium consistency from Lorenzo and a concerted championship attack, but I think Rossi's mind games and Pedrosa's out and out pace will be too much for him. I still think the championship will be decided between Dani and Vale..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CBR11

stay cool mate - it's Easter.   There are two schools of thought on riding for points - personally I am in favour of the riding for points if the win is not on.   Jorge has matured greatly since his 250 days and now has a level head on his shoulders - consistency wins championships - fact.

Going off subject but sort of connected - on the other hand I remember some years ago when they used to run a King of Brands day. The 'King' was to be crowned by the aggregate of points over a 7 race series.  When all the points were totted up the winner had not finished higher than 4th in any of the races and was mid top ten in nearly all the 7 races. The reason was that all the top contenders although winning some races had crashed in one or more of the other races and the guy who won had not DNF'd in any of 'em.   So did he deserve the crown ?

Now the question is -  is the Steady Eddy approach acceptable for a champion ?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I'm jealous of you Saturn

Easter 1980 sounded like a ripper of a weekend.

http://superbikeplanet.com/2007/Apr/070406u.htm

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Yawn indeed

I know, I know, I am a dog though. One track mind and all that. A post on the denigration of the thread into Rossi v Stoner which finishes off with how Stoner's better because of his "win ratio", and a backhanded compliment to Jorge's points scoring, just makes me want to lick my balls. Which of course I can, being a dog. Woof.

P.S. Bugger, forgot I'd been neutered.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Winners are the biggest grinners

In modern times I can only think of Hayden in MotoGP, Elzamora in 125 and Pitt in WSS. Hardly a role call of the greats of the sport are they? The ultimate point though is each of these men were racing their absolute damndest trying to win. Thing is their pace meant the lower podium places at best.

Any way you look at it Hayden was lucky in 2006. He didn't set the tune for the season, he was a passive participant who won through circumstance. Amongst his peers Capirossi was ranked the rider of the year 2006, and Rossi second best. Hayden came in third by this standard. If the bouffanted boy from Barcelona born  with the silver spoon in his mouth hadn't crippled Loris, or if Rossi didn't have the mechanical dnf's he did either would've won. To win a title with a couple or wins or less takes a fair bit of lady luck to square the circle for you.

Lorenzo took the 2010 title by dominating, he won 2012 with six wins for christ sake - a not inconsiderable number. Big points generally leads to big prizes. Eg: 3 wins and a dnf easily outscores 4 x 3rd. Extrapolate that over 18 rounds and you get a 50 point margin for the dnf'ing winner over Mr Bottom step every time.

On such a holy weekend as Saturn pointed out it is only right a proper to give praise to the greatest God the world has ever known - The Gunslinger - Eddie Lawson. Quite right Fatrat. Repent your blasphemous utterance Saturn.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I'd be happy to lay down some green..

..I think Marquez will have the beating of Rossi at Qatar, but his inexperience in the big league will let him down for the season. If Pedrosa stay's fit, he's gonna be tough to beat consistently and I still feel Rossi's got something up his sleeve over Lorenzo. What say you Mr Rat?..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Crutchlow!

..I don't believe me...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle