Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo boss: Hard to repeat 2012 consistency MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo boss: Hard to repeat 2012 consistency

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo boss: Hard to repeat 2012 consistency

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha team boss Wilco Zeelenberg has admitted repeating the stunning consistency of 2012 will be a tough challenge for the Spaniard. Lorenzo clinched his second MotoGP world title last season without ever finishing lower than second, which included six victories in Qatar, Le Mans, Catalunya, Silverstone, Mugello and Misano. But Zeelenberg said repeating that remarkable sequence...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 16:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Head say's pedrosa Heart say's rosssi

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

wosi

Yes rossi definitely has a chance..was nice to see him back on form at jerez. If he gets a good start to the season, he will throw everything at it to win. Never underestimate the man who probably only has one title left in him...he knows hes getting old for moto gp, but given a sniff of a chance and a good bike he is the hungriest of all 4. Its too bad as id like to see dani win the title, but vale cant afford to wait any longer...next year might be too late as with his age he probably only has one more massive push left in him

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon J-lo will be the mos't consistend rider on the podium. J-lo can fight for a win, knows when to take 4th. My predictions for the season. 1 Dani( it's his last chance and he knows it) 2 J-lo ( jus't a bit to consistent) 3 Rossi ( smooth ridding some great overtakes but no mediocre riders to contend with, like Gibernau) 4 Cal ( cause he rules) 5 MM wins 4 DNF about 5 . Rookie of the Year Andrea Ianone! 8th place

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

winning vs winning?

I will always prefer the 'win every race you can and let the championship take care of itself' rather than the 'consistency,consistency, if you can take second or third every weekend, that is the way to build a championship' type philosophy. The former, I believe, is a Rossi trait, probably a Marquez too (& very obviously once a Stoner trait too). It is well documented that Lorenzo falls into the second camp (although not earlier in his career). Each to their own and 2010 and 2012 certainly suggest he may be correct but it is a shame we only really had 2011 to see Casey attempt the alternative. I hope Rossi and Marquez can fill that void and Cal can improve his consistency without losing the will to push all he can- must be a hard balance to find.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That is such media driven nonsense moto4

Which does the brilliance of Lorenzo a complete disservice. 

This grid is full of world champions, each of them consumed by a desire to win, not just championships but races first and foremost.

Did you miss Lorenzo's six wins 2012? Did you not see Lorenzo's pass on Pedrosa at Brno? The most astoundingly brilliant pass through a seemingly non existent gap I have ever witnessed. A pass right up there with Stoner's on Lorenzo Laguna Seca 2011 'round the outside at 270kmph. Lorenzo is no shrinking violet, if he smells blood he'll seize his chance. But sometimes the other guy in plain faster than you. No point in trying to over ride the bike. When you're already on the razors edge take the points. They all do this too.

This supposed 'dull' points gathering way to the title of Lorenzo's is nothing more than a media myth perpetuated by the likes of Wosi. They love to trot out the example of Stoner crashing at the Sachsenring last year as some death or glory approach which is no way to win titles. Utter, utter, tosh. Riders keep margins (more slender than ever admittedly) Stoner was in with a chance of the win that day so did what they all would do, took his chance, he didn't think he was sticking his neck out excessively, but did get it wrong. They've all done that too. Nobody wins by crashing, it's not the objective. To say Stoner should've taken twenty points, or that is what Lorenzo would've done comes from those without a competitive bone in their soggy bodies.  It is especially odd when most of the time they're counter arguing there's not enough hard passing like Rossi would do twenty times every race (in their little heads that is).

Lorenzo is nail hard and wants to win every damn race. If he has the chance to do so with a firm pass he won't hesitate to take it. Give the man the credit he deserves, not this backhanded wishy washy bullshit. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Nostro

When you write like you do on this thread, you should the true you, the person who IMO has a vast knowledge of most things in bike racing, one of the few people who can make you stop and really make a person challenge their own beliefs.

Fanboys shit is for the idiots, lets try keep away from it and drag this site back up  to a decent level, Benny seems to have gotten his house in order ,and its been a pleasure to read some of his posts of late..

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Notradamus

@ notradamus.   
Nostrodamus

User's Badge

Nostrodamussays

Gearbox smearbox again

Thks YZRM1 but;

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-burgess-honda-gearbox-not-rocket-science/

I can tell you this. if the seamlees gearbox wasn't good for faster laps, Honda would have never introduce it. Its not rocket sience but it does help for 2 tenths and to make the bike more stable. it works on track!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fuck off CCB you little two faced toad

Just because you don't like to read what I write about your yellow sun god you choose to attempt to put words in my mouth I never uttered. You're a vile little creature and way beyond this perverse morality police line you spewed below. MCN's pages are full of your fanboy bile and bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

Can't wait to see Rossi and Lorenzo scrapping again. Whoever wins its always fun to watch, hopefully it will be a fourway battle for the title MM,DP,JL and VR, the bookies will have their work cut out next year.............

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Jorge rides for points

That myth is touted by Stoner's groupies who find it hard to accept that he often gets beat in a close scrap. As had been said Jorge was pushing like hell all season, but after Honda rolled out their new bike mid season (no wait, after Dani and Casey "adapted", sorry) JLo couldn't keep up.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices