Skip to content

Ask an Expert Quote me happy? Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Quote me happy?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Quote me happy?

Just told my current insurer Swinton to get stuffed. I've been getting hassled with phone calls and letters 6 weeks before the renewal date. The latest letter tells me that Swinton are gonna help themselves to £73 of my money despite my premium being paid in full. The letter tells me that if I renew with them the money will go towards the premium, or I can have MY money back. How gracious of them. So I phoned them up and instructed them not to take the money, but the brain donor on the other end tells me its too late. Too late! The letter is dated 26th march and I'm calling them at 3pm on the 28th! Not being a fan of theft or blackmail I told em to cancel all my insurance. I won't be going back.

Tried to get a quote from Carole Nash but honestly couldn't understand what the (foreign of some sort possibly Asian) guy was saying. Some English words he simply could not pronounce. So no thanks to those guys.

Anybody got a suggestion for a good insurer? Must speak English and be more concerned with helping their customers than emptying their bank accounts as quickly as possible. Anybody?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 17:10)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance

I have just renewed - an Aviva policy through Devitt.  It cost me £319 fully comp for my new 1200RT and '05 Fazer 1000.  Can't comment on customer service as I have only just switched but there were no language problems on the phone :-)     

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Insurance Brokers

business that shits on and penalises it's existing customers :wacko:

For what it's worth, pick up the phone and talk to Be Wiser, talk to a bird there, she knew bikes :shock: was English and came up with a good price :shock::shock::shock:

One more plus, I can get through on the phone without any grief, unlike the tossers @ MCE!

Good luck, as being an insurance punter you're on a hiding to nothing.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

ebike

have been fine with me. Costs a lot to call them but you get people with good English - I couldn't tell if my renewal person was in the UK or not. E-mail queries are dealt with quickly and competently and you can edit your policy online.

The downside is they don't include third party insurance for riding other bikes.

Reply to this Topic
chuffedoff

Mar 13

chuffedoff says:

insurance

just had letter from bennetts to tell me that after 6 years+ of using them that they cant provide me with a quote this year as their underwriters have change the goal posts, so i tried the mcn site and cos im a dinosaur without a mobile phone it wont let me past first page,grrr,

Reply to this Topic
stonysleet

Dec 10

stonysleet says:

Insurance quotes

Mcn compare 

Go compare
Confused 
Direct line

Are our best friends in these cases use all four and get the best quote from them customer service has become completely void from all companies after they get your money.

And if you haven't got a mobile no make it up I always go with 07712345678 it stops all the cold calls especially from MCE if anyone has got that number I'm sorry you must be getting pissed of haha

Reply to this Topic
gjkt

Jul 09

gjkt says:

Renewal

Just done the wifes on meerkat site. CBF600, fully comp, protected no claims.......£56 with Bennets.

Don't know how they do it, don't care really. Oh! and another free Meerkat toy.

Reply to this Topic
john11t1

Mar 13

john11t1 says:

newbie question..

im currently going threw my bike test atm.. by the time ive passed il be 20 (next month).. when i was 16 i rode an aprilia rs50 i was insured on it for one year.. does this mean when i pass my test i will be able to say i have 1 year ncb? thanks 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Oi supermario

fuck us happy with a reply............

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Renewal

I,ve just renewed my insurance with CIA in march. no problem until they sent me a letter a week later saying that if i did,nt provide proof of my no claims bonus within 7 days they would increase my policy. It was fine when i rang them and told them they have insured me for the last 3 years, it suddenly became a clerical error. So sorry sir.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

When I've got it sorted preunit

I promise I'll tell you all about it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN