Skip to content

Ask an Expert Quote me happy? Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Quote me happy?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Quote me happy?

Just told my current insurer Swinton to get stuffed. I've been getting hassled with phone calls and letters 6 weeks before the renewal date. The latest letter tells me that Swinton are gonna help themselves to £73 of my money despite my premium being paid in full. The letter tells me that if I renew with them the money will go towards the premium, or I can have MY money back. How gracious of them. So I phoned them up and instructed them not to take the money, but the brain donor on the other end tells me its too late. Too late! The letter is dated 26th march and I'm calling them at 3pm on the 28th! Not being a fan of theft or blackmail I told em to cancel all my insurance. I won't be going back.

Tried to get a quote from Carole Nash but honestly couldn't understand what the (foreign of some sort possibly Asian) guy was saying. Some English words he simply could not pronounce. So no thanks to those guys.

Anybody got a suggestion for a good insurer? Must speak English and be more concerned with helping their customers than emptying their bank accounts as quickly as possible. Anybody?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 March 2013 17:10)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

signthankspin.gif.............:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Jesustittyfknchrist!

You know its gonna be bad, but nothing can ever really fully prepare you for the yearly onslaught of insuring your bike!

My first and foremost criteria is the phone number. I will not dial an 0844 number to take my business to someone, freephone numbers only. It may seem silly but its a point of principle, particularly when the average call to an insurer is 20 mins. That whittled the potential insurers down pretty quickly. I also want a call centre with English as its first language. That whittled it down even more. After a few more calls I narrowed it down to 2 names. BeWiser and Bennetts. BeWiser said I was uninsurable! (40 years old, full licence 23 years, bike kept in brick built garage, 1 speeding endorsement and 1 fault claim in the van) which is ridiculous. So that left Bennetts. After a little initial confusion with what sounded like a very young and probably inexperienced member of staff, I got passed to "Margaret" who was very good. I ticked all my boxes and got a decent price. Thank fk for that! Gonna go have a little lie down now.

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

saynoto0870

If you won't call any numbers other than 0800, give http://www.saynoto0870.com a try. Search for the number or company to get alternative numbers (incl. freephone).

I'm with Just Motorcycle Insurance (using one of the 0800 numbers from sayno) who are based in the UK somewhere, very helpful on the phone and best price for me (as a new rider).

Glad you eventually got it sorted though!

And to others - if you don't have a mobile phone, enter in "07000 000 000". Passes most validation checks and you'll never be bothered on the phone again!

Edit: linkifying link

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Nice one zander

its now in my favourites!

Reply to this Topic
etlhnjn

May 04

etlhnjn says:

Bennetts not insuring Mods!

:blink:Your not alone! I also have received a similar letter saying Bennett's cannot insure me due to me being honest and declaring my  modifications! .

Aftermarket Exhaust, fat bars, and Crash Bungs! . I have never made a claim so not exactly high risk. My advise is go through their complaints process. The more people that do the more they will have to listen. They should be working for us not allowing ignorant insurance companies to dictate what we put on our bikes. I don't even think crash bungs should be classed as a modification since they protect the bike from damage so that's a good thing! honesty does not seem to be the best policy in this case as now I have just made my life more difficult and I only did it as last year someone in MCN said technically you were not insured if you didn't declare mods ! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Bennett get your act together its your own foot your shooting.

Reply to this Topic
etlhnjn

May 04

etlhnjn says:

link your mobile to an 0871 number

Buy an 0871  number for £10   and link it to your mobile then give this number to all banks and insurance search engines then if they sell your details which they shouldn't do anyway but when they do and you start getting annoying cold calls you earn money off them . Friends and family still have your mobile number  Brilliant Everyone's a winner!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices