Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda CBF 125 Clutch plate replacement Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Honda CBF 125 Clutch plate replacement

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

junglelions

Mar 13

junglelions says:

Honda CBF 125 Clutch plate replacement

My 2012 Honda cbf 125 was slipping in all gears, couldn't even pull away in 1st gear so they needed replacing. I bought a set of new plates from Honda, also bought the new clutch cover gasket, new oil and the castleated socket needed to remove the oil spinner. So the whole job took maybe 40 minutes to do, all back together, started the bike and left it to warm a bit in the new oil then tried the clutch and it would not disengage, so I played with the cable tension a bit, still no joy, the clutch just would not disengage at all and that is how it is still. So my question is, what could be causing this? My understanding is that the Honda cbf 125 has no clutch actuator rod only the bearing and none of the plates are meant to be offset and as far as I'm aware it all went back together just the same as it came off so I'm stumped why it won't disengage the clutch, at all!

Any help on that one?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 March 2013 17:14)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

plates

Welcome j*******s, 2012 model:shock:is this correct?

What`s the mileage and warranty?

What oil was in the bike and what oil is in now?

Did you oil the plates before fitting?

Reply to this Topic
junglelions

Mar 13

junglelions says:

Hi, yes I bought the bike new back in April 2012, I use it as my commute bike, it's done just under 10,000 miles and has had regular servicing though I noticed the clutch had very bad slip in all gears to the point where I couldn't even pull away in 1st gear so the shop I bought it from said it seemed like the clutch plates were burnt out and that wasn't covered by the warranty and for them to do the work the bill would be around £200 so I did it myself. Easy enough job I have all the tools to do it in all it took about 40 minutes, the oil I use was the recommended for a wet clutch 125cc bike and yes I soaked the plates for 2 days as they are cork based and need time to absorb the oil because they expand in size. 

I will have another poke around at it today and I will take a few photographs and post them here, heck I may even do a short video of the job.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ecoyle32

Jan 12

ecoyle32 says:

how did you get on with the clutch engaging

i have the same problem  with the cbr 125 no matter what i do with the cable it does engage ...

any video photos of what you done

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices