Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

haplessdan

Nov 04

haplessdan says:

Motorail

Hi all,
I want to take the bike on a tour to Croatia this summer, form my base in Northern Germany  In order to avoid a tedious day or two on the autobahn squaring off tyres and draining my other half's finite tolerance for motorbikes I thought I'd take the motorail for a big chunk of the route.  I have looked online, but it seems expensive (maybe £1000 each way all in) so I was wondering if anyone had tried this and what their experiences were.  Thanks.
Dan

ps: Honda Blackbird ;)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 March 2013 16:19)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brooklawnjet

Apr 04

brooklawnjet says:

Bike it.

Send your wife on an aeroplane and ride the bike to Crotia.  It'll give you the chance to see what the 'Bird will do on the German autobahns.

P.S. A few years ago I rode to the Czech Republic on a GT750 and my wife flew over.  We met up in Wenceslas Square and I took her down to Brno.

Reply to this Topic
haplessdan

Nov 04

haplessdan says:

thanks for the reply

That's not a bad idea.  I can arrange for a new back tyre to be fitted in Croatia or wherever, and it'll still be cheaper.  I don't mind the long hauls, but the blood runs cold when I think of the mrs caught in a rainstorm, or even just sitting on the autobahn all day.  I may well do that.  Thanks.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices