Skip to content

General Super Unleaded ? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Super Unleaded ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Super Unleaded ?

I always run my Busa on Super unleaded and prefer Shell:ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::ph43r: V Power, as it makes the bike feel Crisp and more responsive. To me it feels better than ordinary Un-leaded.... What do you people think?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 March 2013 17:14)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Engine Mapping and Alcohol

Higher octane fuel will do bugger all for performance, unless the ignition is mapped to take advantage of its higher detonation resistance (probably the case with the 'Busa).

As for alcohol, probably best avoided in bikes, but you likely do not have that problem in the UK - here much of the pump fuel is 10% ethanol.  (There is at least half a million square miles planted with corn (aka maize) within a days riding distance of where I live.)

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

octane

so high octane fuel doesnt make a difference?..really?

thats not what the graphs say...detonation points are different yes, if you have say for an example an impreza with anti lag, makes hell of a difference...should know i used to rally..

1.25...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAXgBiEnUI

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Always believed in it

I had a 92 blade and regular I`d full her up with  superunleaded when it come to change spark plugs they were in great condition which told me that the super unleaded didnt eat plugs away .

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Yep

When I first got the R6, I ran it on standard unleaded.  Then I did a track day and found that it was cutting out about 500-1000rpm before the limiter.  I know that the issue might have been a slight fueling glitch, which could've been cured by a re-jet and some dyno time, but as soon as I tried super unleaded, it cured the problem and revved right up to the limiter. 

I always use super now in my bikes, they just seems to run much nicer/crisper.  It's up to you though, it depends how many miles you do and whether you can afford the 5p or so extra per litre.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

fueling

well, super unleaded in bandit and she runs much better, not rejetted carbs and has k n n and mtc race ran on with db reducer (for cadwell) but lets cagers know i there...loud pipes saves lives..:smile

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Detergent

Higher grade fuel also generally has more detergents in it, which will keep the injectors cleaner - this may be the cause of better running (or curing a high RPM miss) in some cases.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Placebo effect, snake oil...!

I think unless your engine has a knock sensor there will be no improvement with higher octane fuel. Detergents won't have an immediate (if any!) effect either because they're supposed to keep an engine clean, not de-coke it.

Whose bike has a knock sensor? To the rest, can I interest you in some go-faster stripes or magic beans?

:tongue::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

knock sensor

Mine does :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

My Blade runs far better on V Power

than the ornery stuff. It is an older carb model and seems much more sensitive to different octane ratings.

Doesn't seem to make a lot of difference in the ZX12r which is a missile on the rubbish stuff anyhow.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Tastes better too!

I filled the 12 with V Power specifically for transfer to the Blade for his first run out since October. I got a gobfull when siphoning some out. Didn't taste anywhere near as bad as the rubbish stuff.

Think I'll have some more:eyebrows:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices