Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Scotty crew - route advice

Advice on routes north of the border up to Glasgow

will be travelling from Penrith via Alston and Brampton to Gretna and Dumfries BUT THEN WHAT

straight up to Glasgow to head north or

Balmaclellan and then onto Ayr then Glasgow

or

Newtown Stewart and Givan and then Glasgow

Or is there some other cunning route not obvious - dont want to head east as we want to travel down on the east side.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 March 2013 18:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

obewan

my good friend David Tenant says.....GO WEST ....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

now being serious

:shock:...Go to Gretna up to Dumphries and Newton Stewart, Stranrear on to Prestwick, West Kilbride to the ferry accross to Dunoon then Just get Lost..... It's One Helleva trip...Enjoy.:smile

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

keep on the a77

from stranraer to ayr is a great road and the a75 getting to stranraer is a lot of fun to.................if its for pure biking fun i would advise bypass glasgow altogether and get a ferry to dunoon:wink:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Flick me Ally....

Are you sykic...FSicik....Flyquic......Fcuk Did you read my mind ?:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

snev

yeah..............my crystal ball have's you all in my sight's:ph43r::ph43r::ph43r::lol: 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

I think...

..from Obewan's previous thread they are heading to a Hotel in Balloch for the night, then heading north and west the following day. In which case crossing to Dunoon doesn't really make sense? Would be better flicking quickly round Glasgow on the M74/M8 and over the Erskine Bridge?......If it was me I would probably blat up the M74 motorway but maybe divert for some fun at Moffat and do the A701 past the Devil's Beeftub and then back across to the M74.

Otherwise if they have plenty of time, head west after Carlisle towards Stranraer and up the coast via Girvan, Ayr to Glasgow and over the Erskine Bridge. :winkie: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

kamchat...?

Can You define.... Fun...at Moffat...?:shock:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Obewan

Keep your eyes peeled on the latter part of the M74 into glasgow tho. Potholed to shit, was up there last week.

Kam, I picked up the 'Glaswegian' to read in my hotel room.An article in there said compensation payout to motorists for damage caused by potholes was 3.5million last year and 1.6 million of it was in Glasgow :shock:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

snev

The fun starts at Moffat and continues all the way up the A701 to Broughton, 24 miles of fast sweeping bends.:winkie:.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Kamchat

Oh I get you now.... Yep The road to Broughton is good. I have done it a few times, but not in this bloody weather and not for a few years TBH..... Might give it a go soon though, did Glencoe a while back and Inverness to Ullapool.... Stags anorl....:upset: and a few "wee Beasties":ph43r:.... almost ran over a baby Haggis in April 1998....:upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices