Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

r1broken

Jan 10

r1broken says:

faulty new cbr1000rr

Hello all, can you please help?

Feeling the need to treat myself and update from my trusty old Firestorm, I ventured into my local Honda dealership. Well there I am being chaperoned around the show room, CBR1000RR, VFR1200/800, CB1000R etc.Suddenly I come over all 21 again as my eyes lured me over to a gorgeous black brand new unregistered Fireblade dripping in bling.

Now I'm not someone who would normally bother with aftermarket bling but the additions to this bike really set it off. The story goes that a company, who supplies aftermarket products to the public, borrowed this bike to fit and display its products at the 2012 NEC bike show last November. The bike has a Yoshimura r77 carbon slip on fitted. So on a sunny but chilly Sat afternoon in the middle of March I took the demonstrator out for a couple of hours of spiffingley good fun. I was hooked. With my sensible head left safely locked in the safe at home, I signed on the dotted line, it was mine to be collected 1st March. To say I was excited is an understatement. I fit in 50 miles that day and another 100 the next adding more miles, weather permitting, over the next couple of weeks. Total miles to date, 360.

But and its a big but, I'm not smiling like I was on the demo bike, mine feels sluggish, not crisp, the engine just doesn't feel happy around 3 to 4000 rpm. I've not taken the revs over 6000 rpm and not put hardly any throttle load on the motor, I'm determined to run it in by the book. I'm not a bike mechanic by trade but over the years, from age of 15, I've owned, ridden and built many bikes including a few big fours so I'm confident that I can recognise an unhappy engine.

To liken the running of my bike to something else, I'd compare it to an old CB750 the carbs way out of sync. The bike has been back into Honda to try and rectify the problem and after resetting the ECU and down loading updates on to it, they were confident all would be well. Alas, its still the same so for the past week it’s been back at Honda. Originally Honda said they couldn't find any faults when checking all the 'Honda' components so they suggested trying a standard exhaust on it for the purpose of elimination.

Latest feedback from them, after their tec chap test rode the bike, confirms that the engine is not running correct all through the rev range, but they don't know why. I'm growing increasingly concerned that they are running out of electronic options to change or check leaving the possibility that the actual engine is duff. I am aware that Honda has a great reputation for quality and service so all being well they can sort it. Could anyone please advise me on what path I can take with Honda if the problem cannot be rectified?

Kind regard Steve

PS the Galfer brakes aren't as good as the standard

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 March 2013 19:23)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

welcome to the world of tuning

and what sounds like an half arsed attempt at it....................and as lots of folk do they put on the bling that looks good and dont do whats needed to tune it to suit.....................a power commander v will do the job with a custom set up................or take off all the shiny bits and go back to stock...................simples:wink: 

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

mixture

You`ve got a weak mixture in that rev range, been there done it.As said by ally600 a power commander set up /tuned by rolling road, dyno with  a hands/sat on tuner.Cost me approx £300 about 10 year ago,money well spent.Blame the strict E.E.C. emissions shite.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"I'm not smiling like I was on the "demo bike,"

"gorgeous black brand new unregistered Fireblade dripping in bling"

So what exactly did you  buy?

A Yoshi slip on won't fcuk up the fueling, so,so.so:wacko:
I really don't understand,take it back to the dealer, no?

Reply to this Topic
wacca1

Feb 09

wacca1 says:

Give it back.

I had a similar problem when I purchased a brand new GSXR1000K8. Everytime I took it back the dealership couldn't find anything wrong, but promised to find the fault and fix it. They never did and as soon as the warranty expired they and Suzuki couldn't be arsed to help.

I've been left with a bike in the garage for 18 months only used to commute to work when the trains are buggered as it doesn't go over 9k revs.

Take it back and leave it with them. If it's not fixed in 2 weeks demand a new bike or refund.

I wish I had.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle