Skip to content

General how many layers? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > how many layers?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

how many layers?

So anyway its just above freezing and we decide as its not actually snowing now, we should get out on the bikes for a run up to the Moray Firth. I decided that in order to keep warm I needed to dress accordingly. I dont have proper winter gear so complete with thermal vest teeshirt fleece, bike jacket and additional fleece, tights, thermal long johns and socks under my bike jeans i joined my pals.

This is me an hour into the ride,  couldnt keep the face mask from slipping down and my face was so numb I couldnt even muster a smile for the camera :lol:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. ride out  
  2. ride out  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 March 2013 15:14)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

It might be time...

to invest in something like this...

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

I have three full face lids:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Yesterday

I set a new personal record. I got snowed on 7 times during one ride out.

Managed to make the lunch stop last two hours. :biggrin:

I didn't get too cold but I'm lucky enough to have proper winter gear as I commute.

Scorps, that looks like one of those days that are brilliant fun, but only after a very hot bath and food and drink.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

today

bugger that! I been prepping mrs bs lil clio for mot on wed, front anti roll bar linkage on offside, looked easy enough, what a barsteward, in now as its snowing and bloody freezing.....with a guiness...:smile

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

it snowed a couple of times, once at Huntly and again in Elgin, I went to a cocktail evening  last night in jeans, thick jumper and cardi just to try and bring my body temperature up a bit, was well refined:lol:

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

cold

i wanted to go out today on my road bike but sod that far too cold for me plus the roads are covered in salt:upset:.. may be tomorrow

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

brrr

aye, bit of a bugger really, bandit is taxed but holding off mot till may until this stupid cold weather does one...

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

been out

today not too bad, roads dry and fairly grippy just stay off the gritty bits. I was warm enough until I had to get half undressed to gas up. 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hairybob

Don't get me started on that one......You weren't in Cornwall by any chance?:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Scorps...

that caberg is an hybrid...you can make it a jet helmet if it get's a bit warmer on your ride outs.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle