You are in... Forums > General > General > cbr 1000 overheating

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

matsui

Nov 11

matsui says:

cbr 1000 overheating

My sons cbr 1000 came back from a ride on very cold day about -1 and the temp was 108 and the radiator fans were on.He got the bike last week,if the coolant was too strong would that affect it looks almost neat.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 March 2013 16:57)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

hot stuff

Sounds like a fresh bike with faults,it could be 100% water coolant freezing in the radiator or the thermostat could be seized shut or an air lock in the system.

It needs sorting before the next ride out.

What year / mileage/service history  are you talking? 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

matsui

CBR1000's and later Blackbird's do tend to run hot in Traffic and slow riding conditions but this sounds like the bike has a problem. I would first drain and replace the coolant with the reccomended mix then check for leaks and possible Blockages, then take it for a run and if it still runs hot Take it back to the seller. Good Bikes otherwise, if properly maintained.

Reply to this Topic
matsui

Nov 11

matsui says:

overheating

Thanks for reply jaffa and snev the bikes a 1000 r 05 reg 17000 miles a track bike with day mot.Iv'e squeezed the hoses for trapped air ok.I'll check the stat and look at the plugs maybe running lean but i don't think it's that,it as a dynojet on it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices