Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden: Ducati in a big hole for Texas race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden: Ducati in a big hole for Texas race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden: Ducati in a big hole for Texas race

Nicky Hayden has conceded that Ducati will be in a ‘big hole’ when the inaugural Texas MotoGP race is staged at the spectacular Circuit of the Americas (COTA) next month.Ducati was the only factory team not to travel to the recent private test session at the new COTA track near Austin.Honda duo Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez took part in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 March 2013 20:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Ducati are in a big hole anyway,and that's before they go to the new circuit

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

So after failing to listen to Casey, Marco, Max, Nicky, Vale, Alex, Miachell, Mika, Sete, Toni, Sylvain, Chaz, Ivan, Loris, Troy, Cardoso, Checa & Rolfo.  Why does Andrea believe they will listen to him?  Would be interesting to see the contract clauses around the engineering approach and decision making strategy for 2013 development - how much has really changed?

Would an established car maker plough millions into the Bologna factory to bring up resource and facilities on par with the Japanes competition when they couldn't even stump up the €150,000 for an important test to get a leg-up?  How serious a commitment does that sound...

What's making them money? Well the Pangale, the Multistrada to start with - huge sellers in Europe and USA.  And mr. Checa is painting their name brightly in other series.  Their forking out 5 million for Dovi (hey, even he will help sell more bikes in Italy).  And Hayden to keep selling the all important US market.  So it goes back to strategy.  Do they want to win titles or to have a presence in the premier class -doesn't that determine the approach to engineering...i.e. "start listening to ze bloody riders riders or I vill fire you!"

Here. We. Go.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Wasn't testing ban lifted when Rossi joined Ducati?  Now Honda & Yamaha make wise use of the rule change while Ducati sit on their behinds, and the testing ban is reinstated.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Endless cash,

that was the word, for Ducati, when Audi bought this small motorcycle manufacturer, yet, they wouldn't pay for vital testing time, for the four lads, it's a 'burger and fries' cost to Audi, god knows Ducati need the track time, no wonder they're going to be mid pack again, this year.  

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Istanbul Park

A great cross reference from Nick. First time I looked at the layout it smacked of Turkey and Aragon. Its a Ducati type of circuit. What are the odds against any particular Ducati rider pulling off an unimaginable podium at COTA ? The theory suggests only Marc,Dani,George,Stefan and Vale have any business gracing the podium in a few weeks time. They tested there and one would suspect its a slam dunk. FatRat has got it about right in my opinion. Good call. For sure one of the favourites for the title this year will bomb out at Austin during the race or earlier. Thats just the nature of the game. That leaves 4 factory backed Ducati's to capitilize. At worst one of 4 will come through. Pressure at the top of the GP pile. Marquez of course will just go for it. Gobmeier,got it right. Suck it and see. Consistency whether 1st or last is what they are looking at. After the consistency has been established,they can srutinize and implement accordingly.

Ducati's basic horsepower edge will no doubt upset the status quo in Austin. Ah! That uphill straight. Much like Turkey indeed. Nick and Ben have ridden the circuit. As FatRat correctly points out, data collected off the Panigale's is definitely relevant. The beauty of it is,it sure as hell never cost an arm and a leg. Audi/Ducati going about redressing the past 2 years. As for finding a set up for the weekend, I think the computers are already crunching numbers over at Borgo Panigale. 

Lets face it. CRT are not likely to be a factor at this circuit unless full prototype all fall down. Now all we need is rain in mid Lone Star.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

all rounds

But dont worry Nicky you can watch your new team mate have a breakdown as the season unfolds

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

A ducati podium at cota?? unfortunately there is only one straight with a twat of a corner at the end and then another 30 or so to match.. The duke will need the straight to keep ahead of the crts. Without a major incident can't the dukes doing as well as last year.. 20 odd riders can't be wrong..

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Riding the Ducati superbike may have given Hayden and Spies some idea of the new track, but I'd bet most of the 'data' is useless for GP.  Hope I'm wrong Nicky, but I think any of the Ducs will be lucky to land a top 5 at COTA.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle