Skip to content

Ask an Expert ACF50 or Patience? Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > ACF50 or Patience?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

benmc

Feb 09

benmc says:

ACF50 or Patience?

Hi, after some opinions please...

Do I:
a) Leave the blade in the garage and wait until the weather improves and roads aren't getting gritted anymore

or

b) cover the bike in ACF50 and go out and enjoy it? 

My only concern with going out in the salt is that the acf50 isn't going to keep the bike completely safe (I don't fully expect it to anyway...). The bike is an '01 blade and is in pretty decent condition - I don't really want to ruin that for the sake of a few blasts in the cold! 

Anyone got any opinions either way?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 April 2013 15:48)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I ran

a honda through all weathers and without ACF50 or frequent washing it was pretty damn good. If you're going to ACF50 it and wash it afterwards it should be fine.

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

rinse off

if you get any salt on it and then give it a good wash every couple of weeks and you should be fine , but if your worried that much i guess you best wait till the weather improves and we get rain to wash the crap off the roads , but my view is my bikes for riding not sitting looking pretty in a garage:sunglasses:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gs12

Feb 10

gs12 says:

I use ACF50 and use my bike as much as possible. Riding is everything but looking at proves nothing. The only person that benefits is the person that you sell it too! I find the whole thing with some bikers bizarre when they live in wet uk and not wanting to ride. Just get on it and enjoy it you will get the bug and feel more free with regular use at the moment the weather is in control of you! Happy biking.

:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Why!!!!!

Why would you wait till the weather gets better??? get your butt out there and enjoy, you don't even have to bother coating it with ACF or WD or whatever, just give it a quick wash or rinse down when you get home, I have done this for years with all my bikes and never had any problems with corrosion etc on any of them!

:wink:    

Reply to this Topic
benmc

Feb 09

benmc says:

Cheers

thanks for the comments - sort of the answers I was expecting (and hoping for!). 

I'm not that precious about the bike, but I don't see the point in it being 'eaten alive' unnecessarily either - if acf50 and a bit of a spray with cold water around the brakes after each ride will be ok then I know what i'll be doing tomorrow! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle