Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

About to buy a Kawasaki Er6n

Hi everyone 

I am looking at getting a new bike now after some surprising insurance quotes. 

I had a sit on the er6n and its really comfortable, it looks cool in black, it's not a scary amount of power either, I had another sit on it today, had a proper look at it again. I am very close to buying it. 

It's a 2013 model, does anyone have any reason why I shouldn't get one or have any other suggestions? 

Thanks 

Scott

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 April 2013 16:48)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

er6 - good bikes

i have an er6f  58 plate its a great wee bike to ride , some of the paint work on the frame and around the pegs etc is very thin , the exhaust's are prone to cracking at the joint and i had a nightmare getting the front sprocket nut loosened  , but its fast enough and decent MPG - around 60 , id still recommend it .

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Scott

not sure what your history is re: biking.

I bought the ER6F 2012 model due to an on going problem which I was hoping to cure to prolong my biking future.

Positives:  They are so easy to ride and extremely comfortable.  Not sure about build quality as I didn't have it long enough....... and there's the clue

For me it didn't tick all the boxes as to why I ride a bike now.  30 years ago if they had this machine for commuting etc. I would of been one happy bunny but for my needs now it isn't there.

If you are a new licence holder this is great, but personally I would go for and SV650.

It lacks the wow factor for me.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

despite

what many reviews seem to say, i test rode one and just wasn't impressed at all. i think i'm well in the minority but as an inexperienced rider it felt cheap and soulless....but i'm hardly an expert.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

i would say

everyone has their own opinions, as with bikes (and cars) there are always those for and against.  All I would say is get a decent test ride on it before you commit...at the end of the day go with your instincts.    

Reply to this Topic
whiskers

Mar 09

whiskers says:

Nice bike

It was my first big bike when I past my test.Very comfy  riding position, forgiving bike to ride. Yep buy one :smile

Reply to this Topic
bernie600f

Mar 13

bernie600f says:

er6n

looks a bit dull, build not so good but mpg is good.:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

I've not heard a bad thing

proof is in the eating though. get a GOOD test ride and if it feels right, get it!

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

ER6

They wheelie really well :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

It's my all-year hack

And for this use it's great as a cheap brand new bike. I've done a blog about it which I've not updated for a while but here it is: http://kawasakier6.wordpress.com/

Hope it helps, I'd also look at the Honda NC700 range not as quick but well built and better mpg. Upgrades to the ER6 like hot grips help but the seat is the next thing to be changed, it gets really hard after two hours on the motorway.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices