You are in... Forums > General > General > watch your back

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

watch your back

they are getting ready for the summer blitz on the boys on bikes, two nice coppers[ish] but at the end of the day these little toys need paying for and we all know how they will generate the payments.

Attached images:

1. DSC01107  
  2. DSC01107  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 April 2013 20:12)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

durham jam sandwich

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

durham r1

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

But they're not all bad

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

babyrockets pic...

looks like Matlock Bath to me...just beside the snack cabin.Probably from Sunday when he met ninjachica....at least they have been kind enough to mark it up and hopefully the rider will be in dayglo and a white helmet.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

PR stunts

nothing more, trying to get down with the kids if you like.

one of the guys i ride with is an ex police motorcyclist. good guy old school cop. told me a story about the change from bmw police bikes to Hondas.

seems all the bike cops were having a hoot riding a decent bike after the shit BMW's they had been forced to ride for so long. problem was they started crashing them.

of course they couldn't admit to the speeds they were riding at, at the time of the crash, so logged all the crashes at 60mph. turns out the police figured there was something BADLY wrong with pan european because of this and made them all go back to the old "crappy" BMW's.:lol:

Coppers on fireblades, r1's etc have one purpose, to try and scare you. nothing more!

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

osc

that durham blades an 04 model, i had the pleasure of its company a few years ago near darlington, a very nice man who let me go into the wide blue yonder without a ticket for mucho over zealous use of speed, it was the A66 and wide open of course and they were only testing them at the time, he had no ticket book on him,so after a brief chat i was sent on my way with a very stiff few words, happy days  bet it wouldnt happen nowadays.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Use your mirrors

Don't see too many sports bike riders wearing hi-vis normally, so just have a quick second look before trying too hard with the throttle...

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

and oldish you

are spot on with the observations about it being matlock, even the correct areaof the car park ffs.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Matlock Bath...

...isn't a big place babyrocket, and the guy with his back to us is even wearing a one piece suit from the local shop.:smile

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

ive been many times

but your knowledge is better than mine, i usaully use it as a stop off point before heading off through nottinghamshire and towards the south, apparently the sun shines more the further south you get, but not yesterday, a few die hards about but not as many as in the warmer months, the climate control in the car made it a pleasure to be out, no shaking and rattling at the kerbside for this one yesterday, just not as much fun when caught in heavy traffic.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices