You are in... Forums > General > General > whatever next

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

whatever next

A female police officer is claiming compensation after tripping over a kerb in an unlit area.
Someone should have told her that the long black thing with batteries in, which she was given when she joined the force, is actually a torch

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 April 2013 20:39)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

I heard this on the radio yesterday...

..responding to an alarm call at a garage. Tripped on a kerb edge in a dark spot.Suing the garage owner....what used to be called 'watch where you're going you dozey t**t'....is now called, 'here's your tickets to an all inclusive in the Caribbean'..with paid leave.She has been denounced by her force though.(Norfolk).

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

and so

she should be the greedy swine, the ambulance chasing syndrome is now taking things way too far.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

public servants

they aint ya friends

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

suffice to say

her chief isn't happy with her at all. I think it'll be thrown out because as you say - she was equipped by the police with a torch and was negligent for not using it in the dark. She'd not have seen a sign or markings on the curb.

I think this is appalling, frankly.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

pretty much

all her 'colleagues' and senior officers, local MP's, the Police and Crime Commisioner are unimpressed with her, dippy mare.....:blink:.... My old Law lecturer once came into class with a split lip and bruises having tripped over a kerb, however as he said "you can't sue for stupidity!!".......seemingly you can! :huh:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Fingers crossed

You can sue, but that doesn't mean you will be successful.

Hopefully, the garage owner will have his costs awarded. That would serve her right.  :upset:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

similar to these greedy gits

The man who was choking to death and was given the Heimlich manoeuvre sued the man who saved his life because he had performed the manoeuvre incorrectly firstly and had fractured and severely bruised this mans ribs. The accident where the woman had stopped breathing was given CPR by a person who had stopped to give her help and was sued because the CPR caused internal bleeding as the woman had broken ribs after being hit by a car. However in both cases these people survived, only to sue their rescuers.

It's sad, but unfortunately we have gone the way of america

If someone sued me for saving their life I'd go back and finish the job very incorrectly :blink:

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Seems like

common practise. I don't like the Daily Panic
but I'm sure I saw this in another rag too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices