Skip to content

General There's something.... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > There's something....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

There's something....

smile inducing about stripping down a bike that only has a six pin block connector for a 'brain'.....oh dear that battery doesn't look up to scratch....who gives a chuff,a new ones only 15 quid.:biggrin:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 April 2013 21:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

a joy

to work on no feckin ecu or efi nonesense on those babies and oh so simple.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

and

dont forget a pot of vaseline for the block connectors, saves em from rotting in the future summers of fun.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

babyrocket....

will do.Only intended giving the chrome mud guards a bit of a polish....but got carried away. Sons happily polishing the alloy bits in his bedroom....might has well get it rubbed down and 'smoothrite' whilst the weathers crap....carb was clean as a whistle inside. Only 'cause for concern' is the indicators very dim ,then brighten as the revs rise.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

the indicators dimming and brightening is

a sure sign the battery is either donald ducked or well on its way, a new one will soon have them up and working sweetly, how old is it? is the 12 volt generator? or 6 volt type?, if its the 6 volt genny then thats the norm im afraid, 12 volt was added to the model a couple of years later if its 12 volt the genny is far better and the battery gets a slightly easier life, 6 volt type is a pain in the arse on dark nights when it can barely cope with lights and loading from the ignition system.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

it's a 78...

push rod engine,with a 6 volt battery.The battery was showing fully charged when I put it on the charger and registering 6amps,but would only go up to 6.6 on trickle.It looked a bit 'crumbly' around the plates when I looked into the filler holes.I'm just tarting it up for a new MOT.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

a new

battery it is then, piss poor out put from the generator a decent trickle charger[optimate] can work wonders when the bikes not being used, mind you his age and excitement the fekkin thing wont be stood around for long.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

No it won't....

the only limiting factor will be me buying petrol for it.:smile

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

nah

ill bet that will happen as well, i said that as well when my eldest daughter passed her test and got a cbr400 ffs it cost me a bleedin fortune, was glad when she settled down with kids, the other way of looking at is you are never going to be lonely again, well until he goes girlie hunting.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

babyrocket....

he's got the Girlie...and has had for 2 years....just been to Venice with her and her folks...the only thing he hasn't got is a 'visible means of support' (full time education).:mellow:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

well

sounds like the bank of dad will be very useful.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices