Skip to content

Discuss This Do you care about your bike's fuel consumption figures? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Do you care about your bike's fuel consumption figures?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Do you care about your bike's fuel consumption figures?

Bikes are often seen as more environmentally friend than cars, due partly to better fuel consumption figures. But do you really care about fuel consumption figures when the sun is shining and everything is perfect on a sunny Sunday ride and does it effect your opinion when buying a new bike? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 11:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Nah don't give a shit

wouldn't have bought what I did if mpg was an issue. Stupid question tbh.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Of course I do

I commute but even if I didn't then I'd care indirectly as better fuel consumption = better tank range.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Kind of

it wasn't the main reason i got rid of the R1, but 15mpg when ridden hard was difficult to justify.

Especially when you consider, that riding the daytona just as hard, and with little difference in speed i'm getting 40mpg.

£60 in the tank or £20 in the tank everytime i go out for the same level of fun? its a no brainer really

Reply to this Topic
gamma498

Nov 05

gamma498 says:

MPG

As I ride a Spondon RG500, what do you think my answer is?

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

I only care as I use my bike as main transport and do lots of miles. Didn't care when it was a toy

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Cost is obviously an issue but with certain models offering a stupidly small tank and bad mileage adds up to a huge headache of always having to fill up and find a garage for fuel.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

nope... Not interested in MPG.... But Fun and Thrills are what I am interested in ..... MPG ? I'm happy enough with the Busa's 30 -55MPG it's far far better than spending £150000 on a less exciting Cage that manages 10 MPG...

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

I want to ride to Spain.

One way on bike £250 speeds up to say 95mph

One way on plane £125 speed 550mph ????????????????

Don't even ask which is he greener transport.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Absolutely

If my bike does less mpg than my car although it weighs a fraction of it, I find that hard to swallow. Now I'm not talking about a ducati paningaleforcewind or a supersport/superbike where all out performance is key. But 35 mpg on a bike that isn't an all out sports bike is just silly silly. Even relatively quick bikes should be easily in the high 50's/60 mpg. And one of the worst at this is our own beloved Triumph..

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Diablere

My 5L V8 used to get better than 15mpg. I don't know what you had in your R1, maybe a 455 CI Chev! A MotoGP bike gets around 14 mpg. Even riding hard I get over 25 mpg on my Bandit and the same on my old Blackbird.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices