Skip to content

Discuss This Do you care about your bike's fuel consumption figures? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Do you care about your bike's fuel consumption figures?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Do you care about your bike's fuel consumption figures?

Bikes are often seen as more environmentally friend than cars, due partly to better fuel consumption figures. But do you really care about fuel consumption figures when the sun is shining and everything is perfect on a sunny Sunday ride and does it effect your opinion when buying a new bike? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 April 2013 11:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Bah!! who gives a stuff about the petrol.............  you should be having to much fun on your toy to care how much of the gogo juice your are burning :)

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

NC700S

Just traded my CBR600F in for a NC700S say no more.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Listerthestupid

I love your name.

That is all.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

We have had this conversation among  ourselves before , and unlike car owners nobody seems to give a t*ss about fuel consumption . Our kid has a Ford Fiesta that is much better on fuel than his  old  Kawasaki Z.L.1000 , and his Triumph "Hinckley" Bonnie  is not that much better than the car  . My old  Goldwing with double adult sidecar easily did two or three m.p.g  than my  Jag.   Oh ! well  , that"s motorcycling for you . I now have a "super-economical "  X.J.R. 1200  . Thank god the Tories have knocked the odd penny off  petrol  .

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

locktab

For god's sake mate , buy a busa they do @ 50mpg @ 100mph, even more at ? 60mph so if you ride 100 miles per day at least you can have some fun.

Reply to this Topic
Tim158

Mar 09

Tim158 says:

Yes.

I go to work to earn money. I don't want to spend more than necessary to get there.

Reply to this Topic
dukie

Sep 12

dukie says:

MPG is important to me because loosely it translates to longer time between fill ups which is good on my daily commute and also on the longer journeys when i might just want to munch miles. there is also money, saving helps balance my household bills... although a colleague who commutes on a cbr 600rr argues that buying a bike he's happy with, off sets the cost off fuel as he will safe far more money in the long term than someone changing high mpg bikes every 6-12 months for something more enjoyable. my test drive of a cbr 500r returned 44mpg on the on board mpg calculator not the claimed 70+. as a result i did not buy this bike. MPG matters to me and hondas sales figures suggest likewise

Reply to this Topic
justaname

Feb 13

justaname says:

doh

course mpg matters, if you say it dont then your an idiot.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

snevs right, Suzuki have pulled off the mpg and bhp trick for many years with the Busa, on the latest GSXR1000 they have also just improved mpg and now claim 54mph is possible (in reality it will be lower but still good). Proof you don’t have to ride some dull worthy commuter to get good mpg. Only BMW with the tractorial GS can also manage an easy 50mph whilst rivals like KTM suck government tax loaded fuel (low 40’s mpg) paid for by those who don’t care (thanks) – or don’t ride much? (Camaron can get someone else to pay for all his nonsense) Its actually amazing that we bikers have put up with low mpg for so long.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle